Shop Find 49ers gear online
Montana
Rice
Lott
B Young
Craig
Honorable Mention?- Haley
Originally posted by Psinex:
You mean "who are the 49ers top 5 players of all time"?

+1
Montana
Young
Rice
Lott
Rathman
1. Joe - the best ever
2. Jerry Rice - likewise
3. Ronnie Lott - intimadation
4. Jimmy Johnson - HOF, 16 years, 47 interseptions, teams stopped throwing to his side.
5. Leo Nomellini - HOF.49ers first ever draft pick, never missed a game in a 14 yr career.
1. Montana
2. Rice
3. Young
4. Lott
5. BY
Jerry Rice
Joe Montana
Ronnie Lott
Jimmy Johnson
Steve Young
1. Joe Montana
2. Jerry Rice
3. Ronnie Lott
4. Steve Young
5. Bryant Young

Common denominator..... All have won Superbowl's!
  • Veteran
1-Montana
1a-Rice
3-Young
4-Lott
5-BY
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Montanna
Gire
Goldston
C. Rodgers
Harbough

I see what you did there
IMHO you have to choose guys that defined the team and its winning tradition over years. So current players aren't there yet.

1. Montana - defined an entire era of winning superbowls and set the standard for the franchise AND League
2. Rice - same as above
3. Lott - He set the tone for a decade of dominating defense for our franchise
4. Craig - He completed the Walsh system of having 5 real receivers on the field out of standard formations, when you think of the 49ers offense at its peak, I still see Craig running tough with those high knees or catching passes.
5. Young - He continued the tradition

1. Jerry Rice
2. Joe Montana
3. Steve Young
4. Ronnie Lott
5. Terrell Owens
Rice
Young
Montana
Lott
T.O
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Sorry. when i saw some of the kids who have no history of the niners before 1994 had owens and deon sanders on the list I had to jump in.

Joe montana
Jerry rice
Jimmy johnson, hall of fame and best cornerback in the history of the niners
ronnie lott
joe perry or dave wilcox, again hall of fame

I would also dispute those who put down haley. Yes he was good but the best pass rusher we ever had was cedrick hardman and he is above haley in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Sorry. when i saw some of the kids who have no history of the niners before 1994 had owens and deon sanders on the list I had to jump in.

Joe montana
Jerry rice
Jimmy johnson, hall of fame and best cornerback in the history of the niners
ronnie lott
joe perry or dave wilcox, again hall of fame

I would also dispute those who put down haley. Yes he was good but the best pass rusher we ever had was cedrick hardman and he is above haley in my opinion
Frank Gore over Joe Perry everyday of the week
That's a very tough question to answer...the majority of posters likely never saw some of our HOFers/other greats play...guys like Nomellini, St. Clair, Joe (the Jet) Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Jimmy Johnson, Y.A. Tittle, John Brodie, Gene Washington, Dave Wilcox, Cedric Hardman, etc. We had a ton of great players before Walsh, Siefert & the Super Bowls came along. Much as I love Willis, he simply hasn't played long enough to be on the top 5 list. I'll give this a shot, but, really, it's very subjective and you can make arguments for many players to be on it.

Top Five Next Five
Joe Montana Bob St. Clair
Steve Young Jimmy Johnson
Jerry Rice Dave Wilcox
Ronnie Lott Cedric Hardman
Leo Nomellini Joe Perry
Share 49ersWebzone