LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

who is the 49ers top 5 players all time and in what order

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
That's a very tough question to answer...the majority of posters likely never saw some of our HOFers/other greats play...guys like Nomellini, St. Clair, Joe (the Jet) Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Jimmy Johnson, Y.A. Tittle, John Brodie, Gene Washington, Dave Wilcox, Cedric Hardman, etc. We had a ton of great players before Walsh, Siefert & the Super Bowls came along. Much as I love Willis, he simply hasn't played long enough to be on the top 5 list. I'll give this a shot, but, really, it's very subjective and you can make arguments for many players to be on it.

Top Five Next Five
Joe Montana Bob St. Clair
Steve Young Jimmy Johnson
Jerry Rice Dave Wilcox
Ronnie Lott Cedric Hardman
Leo Nomellini Joe Perry
agree. i feel bad for people who never saw gene washington. Ok he never had great stats but the best pair of hands and smoooth. i think he is the second best wide out in our history behind rice and ahead of john taylor. i would take number 18 and his big old poofy afro over owens any day. It was a pleasure to watch hardman and tommy hart in 1976, I remember on monday night football they had 8 or 9 sacks against the rams and we set a record for most sacks that year which i think still stands
Montana rice lott young willis
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Rice
Montana
Lott
Haley even though he's a sellout
Willis at this point in his career

You hate Mormons or something?

lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Rice
Montana
Lott
Haley even though he's a sellout
Willis at this point in his career

You hate Mormons or something?

lol
Why is haley a sell out? He played his last game as a niner so alls well that ends well. haley did not want to share the pass rushing spotlight with tim harris and he needed a new start. You can argue all day about the team we traded him to but we won a super bowl with timmy, haley returned to the niners and all is good. I do not set around and worry about what could have happened cuz you never know for sure
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Montana
Rice
Young
Lott
Willis

Ditto.
No offense to the old-timers (million dollar backfield, etc.) but here's my list:

1. Montana
2. Rice
3. Young
4. Lott
5. Willis

Honorable Mention: T.O.
1. Joe Montana
2. Jerry Rice
3. Steve Young
4. Ronnie Lott
5. Patrick Willis

The Mt. Rushmore is those top 4, but if you had to add a 5th, I'd say when it's all said and done Willis is 5th over Owens.

Also, I believe if Willis stays healthy and finishes his career with around 10 pro bowls, 8 all-pro, and is a Niner all the way through? He takes Ronnie Lott's place at number 4....yeah I said it.

Also, everyone who's leaving Young off is ridiculous.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM ]
1. montanna
2. Rice
3. Young, Bryant
4. Ricky Waters
5. Jesse Sapolu/Ronnie Lott
[ Edited by saj4423 on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saj4423:
1. montanna
2. Rice
3. Young, Bryant
4. Ricky Waters
sorry everyone has an opinion but ricky waters ahead of joe perry and frank gore is pretty funny,, sad but funny, garrison hearst would be ahead of waters in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by saj4423:
1. montanna
2. Rice
3. Young, Bryant
4. Ricky Waters
sorry everyone has an opinion but ricky waters ahead of joe perry and frank gore is pretty funny,, sad but funny, garrison hearst would be ahead of waters in my opinion

Ricky Watters with two t's btw, along with Jesse Sapolu, might not even make the 49ers top 30 all time list, let alone top 5.

1. Jerry Rice
2. Joe Montana
3. Steve Young
4. Patrick Willis
5. Andy Lee
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
1. Jerry Rice
2. Joe Montana
3. Steve Young
4. Patrick Willis
5. Andy Lee
wow, alot of hate for steve spurrier, he was a awesome punter for us in 1973
Rice
Montana
Lott
Young
Haley
Owens
Willis

I think Willis will end up #2, 3, or 4
1 Rice
2 Montana
3 Young
4 Lott
5 Owens/Willis
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Owens!!!!!!!????????????????????????????
Share 49ersWebzone