There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 49ers have a very difficult road in future playoffs in the NFC.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
if all the 49ers did was pass and alex managed to get 40+ tds and 5k yards everyone would be calling him the next HOF niner QB

stafford does it and he isnt elite because all they did was pass

He isn't elite because he's not consistently accurate and doesn't make the best decision often enough.
We have a good defense. We can limit elite quarterbacks, but we also need good production from our own offense. Assuming we don't have too much turnover in our roster, we can be a very good playoff team for a very long time.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
our defense is better than all those teams put together

#notworried

If we keep it together. Who says we keep it together in FA?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Out of all of the teams in the NFC, we are one of the most consistent. Also, for those who predict gloom and doom, did it occur that some teams may fear playing the Niners? I don't know how happy some receivers would be going over the middle after they saw two players get knocked out in the playoffs by the 49ers. This team is young and we can keep that defense together, the NFC is going to have a lot to worry about over the next few seasons.

I'd like to believe that. In order for that to be true. We need the following.

1) Keep the players we have especially on defense.
2) Get punt returners and backup punt returners who can consistently catch the ball.
3) Get better on offense.

A lot of the tools are there. It's just small adjustments, more familiarity and time in the system and keeping the D together.
Originally posted by 8008:
Alex Smith took down Drew Brees..

Eli the Elite only scored 10 points on us.. Minus one Kyle Williams that's another win for Alex

We would have easily taken down the Pats. Alex Smith SuperBowl MVP

Im not pro-alex.. just saying you dont need to be an 'elite' QB to beat other elite guys.

We did beat Eli once. Should have beat him twice. We did beat Drew Brees. Maybe we can do it. I'm just saying there is a lot of QB talent in the NFC.
if all the 49ers did was pass and alex managed to get 40+ tds and 5k yards everyone would be calling him the next HOF niner QB

he isn't elite because all he has to do is throw a jump ball to CJ. if the lions lose CJ that offense is done for, if they lose stafford(they have) it is still serviceable.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

he isn't elite because all he has to do is throw a jump ball to CJ. if the lions lose CJ that offense is done for, if they lose stafford(they have) it is still serviceable.

this he is a great qb

just not elite

Cj adjusts to the ball like no other (ive seen bad passes that CJ makes good)

and commmands double and triple teams causing other people to be open
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

It is a lot of Megatron. LOL.
we could have had our best chance this season to win it all---and didn't--but i think if we keep this defense strong and actually gets some better offensive weapons---we can win Super Bowls. Jeff Hostleter beat Joe Montana in 1990---the Giants had a great D. the Niners now have a great D.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
we could have had our best chance this season to win it all---and didn't--but i think if we keep this defense strong and actually gets some better offensive weapons---we can win Super Bowls. Jeff Hostleter beat Joe Montana in 1990---the Giants had a great D. the Niners now have a great D.

If we keep this defense together and sign a big FA WR like Vincent Jackson I think we have a chance. Alex 2nd year in the system too. He never had that before.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

He isn't elite because he's not consistently accurate and doesn't make the best decision often enough.

he has too many multiple INT games for my liking, 5 this year including playoff game
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

If we keep this defense together and sign a big FA WR like Vincent Jackson I think we have a chance. Alex 2nd year in the system too. He never had that before.

I concur !

Sorry SD, but this thread sucks the big Dirk Diggler.

QBs need to worry about our D, not the other way around. This was our teams first year in the Fangio defense with no off-season. We played very vanilla, and dominated most teams. I am not worried about Brady, Rogers, Brees or any other elite QB. Those clowns need to be worried about Justin, Aldon, Willis, Bowman, RayMac, Goldson and probably Rogers. We are very young and only going to get better.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Ya I don't understand how some people think on this board. Stats, superbowls, wins. Someone can have all of those and someone will say they are "overrated"

They are not "elite" because they are not the reason their team's win. They are part of it, but not the reason.

Elite QBs in the NFL are Brees, Brady, Manning (Peyton), and Rogers. That's it. Their teams would be totally lost without them (as evidenced by the Colt's season). The Giants may not have won the Super Bowl if they lost Eli, but they sure as hell wouldn't have gone 2-14 either.

Possibly one of the dumbest comments.

Giants would have 3-4 wins top with out ELI. You really think Carr is winning 7 games in the 4th quarter and throwing 15 tds in the 4th quarter. ANd driving his team to win the SB
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
also cant overlook an eagles team coming off a bad yr with high expectations

Eagles will never win with VICK..