LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 319 users in the forums

The 49ers have a very difficult road in future playoffs in the NFC.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
New Orleans Saints: Elite QB. (Brees)
Green Bay Packers: Elite QB. (Rodgers)
New York Giants: Elite QB. (E. Manning)
Detroit Lions: Elite QB. (Stafford)

It's possible we have to beat 1 or 2 of these every single year to advance to where we want to go. Just think how hard that will be. I don't know how often we can even get back to the NFC Championship game. It will take quite an effort to make it even that far.

Good QB's:

Chicago Bears: Cutler
Atlanta Falcons: Ryan

I just don't know where this team is at. I don't know how many years this team can take out 1 of those or 2 of those or 3 of those if they are the wild card. It's going to be REALLY TOUGH.

New England has it easier. They are the only elite QB team. Pittsburgh is on and off with Roethlisburger. The Colts dropped off. The Jets dropped way down. The Houston QB situation is injured a lot. The AFC is easier to get through. By far I think.
Eli and Stafford are not elite QBs in my view. Good, but not elite.
Originally posted by leebert81:

Eli had 4,900 yards and has 2 Super Bowl wins. Stafford had 5,038 yards and 41 TD's.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Eli had 4,900 yards and has 2 Super Bowl wins. Stafford had 5,038 yards and 41 TD's.....

Ya I don't understand how some people think on this board. Stats, superbowls, wins. Someone can have all of those and someone will say they are "overrated"
Our defense didn't really have too much trouble with Eli and we beat Brees as well. The problem we will have is if we have to go to the Superdome.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Ya I don't understand how some people think on this board. Stats, superbowls, wins. Someone can have all of those and someone will say they are "overrated"

Those guys are definitely not overrated. They are really good.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Our defense didn't really have too much trouble with Eli and we beat Brees as well. The problem we will have is if we have to go to the Superdome.

It would be a huge problem to go to the Superdome. I think a bigger problem than Lambeau. Any future year we are planning on winning we better have homefield advantage over the Saints at least. They are absolutely deadly at home in the playoffs. Or any time for that matter.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Kaepernick and Co. are gonna light up those Defenses.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Kaepernick and Co. are gonna light up those Defenses.

He's not even ready to play. Unsure if he is the future. I don't see it right now.

lol. way to b***h out before the season starts. If anything, the NFC is going to have a hard time getting by the niners, much like they did this season. A team that was 6-10 the previous season went to the NFCC game with the same group of guys a year later. We upgrade a few key positions and you better watch out.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
lol. way to b***h out before the season starts. If anything, the NFC is going to have a hard time getting by the niners, much like they did this season. A team that was 6-10 the previous season went to the NFCC game with the same group of guys a year later. We upgrade a few key positions and you better watch out.

Maybe that's possible. We will see. Our defense is good. But can we keep it together in FA? Some positions are getting older and Gore is definitely getting older at RB.
Maybe that's possible. We will see. Our defense is good. But can we keep it together in FA? Some positions are getting older and Gore is definitely getting older at RB.

you gotta trust in Baalke bro. He's no fool, he knows what needs to be done to upgrade this team.
we were 11th in points scored this season in nfl which is defintially decent when learning the playbook on the fly because of the shrtned offseason and frankly one of the worst recieving corps ive seen since maybe 2005 (where we were basically expansion team talent)

i see us making a huge push next year and surprise a lot of people with our offense
I'm not afraid of any of those teams next year
Share 49ersWebzone