LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Super Bowl XLVI: Lose-Lose for Niners fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A) Giants ended our season & are a historically bitter rival. Another title gives them 4 since 1980

B) Patriots (Tom Brady) have matched Joe in terms of 4 titles. Another championship might propel Tom ahead of Joe in many peoples eyes. Belicheck will have surely eclipsed Walsh with 2 extra rings

Bitter circumstances for us
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I hope they both lose.
Best case scenario I can think of is the winning team's MVP is a defensive back like that Dallas CB against the Steelers in '96, or some other non glamour player. Or maybe MVP on the losing team which has happened before.

Hopefully there will be an epic special teams screw up that costs the game so there can be misery for eternity. It's one thing to lose a champ game and wonder "what if"......losing a super bowl is final and forever!!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
LOCKLOCKLOCKLOCKLOCKLOCKLOCK
Not looking forward to it... May not watch.. call me a sore loser!
Champions**t
may lucas oil stadium collapse...consolation ravens-niners game in london
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope they both lose.

This. It can happen.

• Paul
  • Veteran
we lost people need to get over it. Hopefully we beat them in a rematch next year; I don't consider them a "rival" per say
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Not looking forward to it... May not watch.. call me a sore loser!

This
I want the Patriots to win. Tom Shady and Belicheat deserve their legacy! screw the loudmouth Gigantes in the butt.
Tell me something I don't know.
I'm pulling for the Giants in a runaway. That will show how good the 49ers are. Plus, doesn't Brady have enough, 3 Super Bowls, fashion model wife, millions upon millions of dollars. I'd love to see the shots of Belchick on the sidelines as his team is getting annihilated.
Share 49ersWebzone