There are 762 users in the forums
kendall hunter........
- 1 2
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,697
gore/hunter 50/50 workload. I was hoping for that this past season, but for some reason, it didn't happen.
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
I've been saying the Niners need to draft a RB in this draft and I dont mean in the 5 and 7th round. I would love a bruiser back in the mold of Jamal Anderson or Jamal Lewis. It fits our style of play and would be a nice complement to Hunter. Battle ram, battle ram............then in comes Hunter to clean up.
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
Hunter will get more carries as will another rookie who is as yet undertermined.
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM
- 49realdeal
- Veteran
- Posts: 41
Hunter has the breakout speed frank gore use to have , and when niners beat the giants
In the regular season they did it with hunter starting in the second half....i belive hunter is the future
But youre right 50/50 is even better if frank gore wouldnt be injured all
The time lol
In the regular season they did it with hunter starting in the second half....i belive hunter is the future
But youre right 50/50 is even better if frank gore wouldnt be injured all
The time lol
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I've been saying the Niners need to draft a RB in this draft and I dont mean in the 5 and 7th round. I would love a bruiser back in the mold of Jamal Anderson or Jamal Lewis. It fits our style of play and would be a nice complement to Hunter. Battle ram, battle ram............then in comes Hunter to clean up.
If the best RB out there when they pick is a battering ram, go for it. I just want them to take the BEST RB avaialble...I don't care what his style is.
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
Originally posted by 49realdeal:
Hunter has the breakout speed frank gore use to have , and when niners beat the giants
In the regular season they did it with hunter starting in the second half....i belive hunter is the future
But youre right 50/50 is even better if frank gore wouldnt be injured all
The time lol
I think Kendall HAS a future, but I don;t think he IS the future.
He just isn't big enough to take that pounding. I know MJD is close in size, but I just don't see Kendall getting that many carries.
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:44 PM
- KEGster
- Member
- Posts: 512
I don't care who starts as long as Gore has the rock in the 4th Quarter
Agreed above. Hunter is nice but he isn't a leading back in this league. The size of CJ without the blazing speed
Agreed above. Hunter is nice but he isn't a leading back in this league. The size of CJ without the blazing speed
[ Edited by KEGster on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM ]
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM
- 49realdeal
- Veteran
- Posts: 41
Your right wr or rb in the first round .....i think our running game was
Worse then our passing game this season in my opinion..
Worse then our passing game this season in my opinion..
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I've been saying the Niners need to draft a RB in this draft and I dont mean in the 5 and 7th round. I would love a bruiser back in the mold of Jamal Anderson or Jamal Lewis. It fits our style of play and would be a nice complement to Hunter. Battle ram, battle ram............then in comes Hunter to clean up.
If the best RB out there when they pick is a battering ram, go for it. I just want them to take the BEST RB avaialble...I don't care what his style is.
You're right, I'm just sharing my wet dream. I really love violent runners, S.Jackson is my hero. I still wake up crying that because of Sing we got Boobie Dixon and Tampa got Blount....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM ]
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM
- mod
- Veteran
- Posts: 42,454
I'm not sold on hunter being a starter... 2nd and 3rd year is when you find out though.
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM
- KEGster
- Member
- Posts: 512
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I'm not sold on hunter being a starter... 2nd and 3rd year is when you find out though.
Let's be honest. Great oline + avg RB > Great RB + avg Oline
Keep the focus on the beasts up front & it won't matter much who is running behind the line. RB's will rush to play here as well
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM
- lifer49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 107
Mike Tolbert, Peyton Hillis, Derrick Ward, Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Ryan Grant, All are FA this year.... Tolbert would be a nice fit and so would Hillis.
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM
- FredFlintstone
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,741
montee ball next yr
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
I love this nigha, all homo.
- 1 2