There are 159 users in the forums

What contriubted to the 9ers NFC Championship loss more.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What contriubted to the 9ers NFC Championship loss more.....

Anthony Davis can answered that question...
"What contriubted to the 9ers NFC Championship loss more....."

SEATTLE

/thread
anyone who says 3rd downs is just hating is an idiot or didnt watch the game

we had the lead and were winning despite the the 3rd down conversions

yes we couldve put more points but without the KW fumbles we win that game
The disappearance of our WR's and two fumbles
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
anyone who says 3rd downs is just hating is an idiot or didnt watch the game

we had the lead and were winning despite the the 3rd down conversions

yes we couldve put more points but without the KW fumbles we win that game

with more than one 3rd down conversion and KW is likely not in that situation, not saying it's either of them but there is plenty of blame to go around look at bill buckner he missed an easy ground ball to end the game BUT if others on his team made other fundamental plays then he is NEVER put in that situation therefore the red sox win it is KW's fault that he fumbled the ball but it is not completely his fault for the niners loss
Originally posted by rxrunner:
there only should be one answer to this poll
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
with more than one 3rd down conversion and KW is likely not in that situation, not saying it's either of them but there is plenty of blame to go around look at bill buckner he missed an easy ground ball to end the game BUT if others on his team made other fundamental plays then he is NEVER put in that situation therefore the red sox win it is KW's fault that he fumbled the ball but it is not completely his fault for the niners loss

so what?

im not saying it didnt contribute but by no means is it the reason we lost despite our 3rd down conversion we still had more points on the board than the giants before the fumbles
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Kyle Williams single handedly tanked the season of a great team. Lost in all that 3rd down stuff was that Eli only completed 2 third downs in the 2nd half. It was a defensive battle of 2 excellent defenses....

one of them was 3rd and 15 right after his muffed punt, i still think the best D in football has got to get off the field on that play

Well if they only gave up 2 all half they did pretty good. Other than 2 very short fields gift wrapped with a bow the Giants didn't do much. They had 10 legitimate points all game. 10.....

That's just amazing isn't it -- the D holds a good Giants offense to 10 earned points. Wow. Nice job.
Alex smith's confidence in his WRs (don't blame him)! With a full off season and some additions along with harbaugh letting Alex loose, I think we have something to be hopeful for! But I really think are offense could have played better against that giants D!
Was it ever explained just what the heck he was doing on the muffed punt? I will never understand why he got so close to that ball that it hit him. What was he thinking? Or, not thinking? Don't you think the defense can get tired and probably irritated that they have to go right back on the field after just stopping the other team. That can be a huge letdown. The 49ers offense takes some of the blame for their incredible ineptness on 3rd down conversions. WRs were invisible. I still believe Kyle Williams is the main reason for losing the game. The other players will never come out and say it. His errors were totally deflating for the team and the fans. Just my opinion.

Same old tired shoulda woulda coulda Q's ain't gonna change any thing. Can't wait till next year. GO NINERS!!!!!!
the fans cheering on offense.
also don't forget KW fumbling the reverse and the diving catch for the punt.

i mean seriously, how many mistakes can one man make during one game?

fire him.
Turnovers did. We had a small margin for error all year and 2 TOs hurt bad.

Also i feel like OLine/Playcalling needs some blame as well.
1. Kyle Williams
2. Coaches for not recognizing KW was just not all there
3. Offense for nor converting on 3rd downs
4. Coaches for putting the ball in Smith's hands instead of using our effective running game.
Share 49ersWebzone