LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

What contriubted to the 9ers NFC Championship loss more.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What contriubted to the 9ers NFC Championship loss more.....

1-13?? I guess those 2 td passes Alex threw to take the lead were not on 3rd down.
Originally posted by explosivo49er:
1-13?? I guess those 2 td passes Alex threw to take the lead were not on 3rd down.

They don't count if they didn't happen on 3rd down. Its only important if it happened on 3rd down.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Kyle Williams not getting the heck outta the way and letting the ball hit him

Running with Anthony "Barlow's Son" Dixon on 3rd down instead of going to the supposed stud of your running backs.

The Refs non call on the fumble.
Wow its seems like everyday someone is coming up with a thread to get everyones obvious opinion. In any sport, the reason you lose is always a combination of multiple thing, KW didn't lose the game on his own last I remember there was a lot more players on field other then #10 almost like it was a team out there, and all contributed to the loss, offense and poor 3rd down efficiency meant the defense got not rest, kw muffed punt meant the already tired defense came back out a couldn't stop the giants from scoring a td because we had a 4th string CB in after goldson knocked out brown, still we couldn't convert on 3rd or even get anything going in ot, and the coaches had kept kw returning punts and I believe I read somewhere harbaugh told kw to make a play, bad ball handling and great defensive effort caused a turnover on the return. The real only reason we lost the game was Tynes kicked a game winning field goal, game over, the end, seasons over, don't cry about it come back in be ready to destroy anything in your path to reach the super bowl next year.
5 for 28 combined in both games. I contend it was the offense and the offense alone who was responsible for the games even being close at the end. The offense converts 3rd downs like an average NFL team, we win both those games by 10+ points

Its not even debatable imo.

What is debatable is which part of the offense or who in the offense is most responsible
Originally posted by danimal:
5 for 28 combined in both games. I contend it was the offense and the offense alone who was responsible for the games even being close at the end. The offense converts 3rd downs like an average NFL team, we win both those games by 10+ points

Its not even debatable imo.

What is debatable is which part of the offense or who in the offense is most responsible
If we completed 3rd downs like you were expecting, we would go down in history as the greatest team of all time while destroying every team by 21 points.

Point is, each team is built differently. We played our kind of game: run the rock, shut down the run, & get a couple big offensive plays. Only difference being the turnover margin.

Thanks again Kyle Williams.

See this is why I didn't like keeping Kyle Williams on the roster. Instead of blaming the guy who fumbled 3 freakin times in a game while touching the ball like 6 times........we are now looking for other people to blame. The media is again blaming Alex. This is utter b******t. Alex arguably out played Eli in the game & if not for Williams vommiting all over himself, Eli probably struggles with a >65.0 Passer Rating.
Originally posted by KEGster:

See this is why I didn't like keeping Kyle Williams on the roster. Instead of blaming the guy who fumbled 3 freakin times in a game while touching the ball like 6 times........we are now looking for other people to blame. The media is again blaming Alex. This is utter b******t. Alex arguably out played Eli in the game & if not for Williams vommiting all over himself, Eli probably struggles with a >65.0 Passer Rating.

Because its a team sport, it takes a whole team effort to win, the team either wins or the team loses.
Share 49ersWebzone