There are 249 users in the forums

What's the Deal With Ralph Barbieri lately?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
who
BREAKING NEWS:

KNBR sucks and always has
I hate Ralph Barberi........always takes so long to ask questions, and goes off on tangents.

They counted the Niners out this year because of the shortened year, and Ralph finally admitted Alex Smith was a bust.

Yes we had a great year and teams took us for granted, but we still won. We didn't win a few games, we won 13. It's been a long time since we have done that.

Yes, Harbaugh inherted a good base group of players and Baalke made some great moves.

And yes we are going to be hit hard by Free Agency, we can't keep everyone.

And yes our turnover differental will probably be higher next year.

But Baalke made great moves for us last year and Harbaugh knows the team inside and out.......

And we are going to get a full draft and an FA offseason.

And our Whole team is going to have the luxury of knowing the system on both sides of the ball.

And we have great coaching on our team and we have a full offseason.......

And even if our turnover ratio is higher next year, both side of the side will be better and a little more turnovers won't hurt us, because we are growing as an offense.

WE ARE GOING TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR A LONG TIME PEOPLE.......but we still have to improve. So that's why this Superbowl is so frustrating because we should have gone and we could have won it. The patriots beat one team with a winning record.

But the Superbowl and the road there takes improvement and it takes the breaks.......We had a pretty "lucky" season. The ball bounced for us this season but we also made our own turnovers this year.

For the first time since Seifert have I felt the Niners had an advantage with the coachig. Mariucci never wowed me.

We are building something special here, I can't wait to see the team with a full offseason. Training camp can't come fast enough. Thank god the draft is in april.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I hate Ralph Barberi........always takes so long to ask questions, and goes off on tangents.

They counted the Niners out this year because of the shortened year, and Ralph finally admitted Alex Smith was a bust.

Yes we had a great year and teams took us for granted, but we still won. We didn't win a few games, we won 13. It's been a long time since we have done that.

Yes, Harbaugh inherted a good base group of players and Baalke made some great moves.

And yes we are going to be hit hard by Free Agency, we can't keep everyone.

And yes our turnover differental will probably be higher next year.

But Baalke made great moves for us last year and Harbaugh knows the team inside and out.......

And we are going to get a full draft and an FA offseason.

And our Whole team is going to have the luxury of knowing the system on both sides of the ball.

And we have great coaching on our team and we have a full offseason.......

And even if our turnover ratio is higher next year, both side of the side will be better and a little more turnovers won't hurt us, because we are growing as an offense.

WE ARE GOING TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR A LONG TIME PEOPLE.......but we still have to improve. So that's why this Superbowl is so frustrating because we should have gone and we could have won it. The patriots beat one team with a winning record.

But the Superbowl and the road there takes improvement and it takes the breaks.......We had a pretty "lucky" season. The ball bounced for us this season but we also made our own turnovers this year.

For the first time since Seifert have I felt the Niners had an advantage with the coachig. Mariucci never wowed me.

We are building something special here, I can't wait to see the team with a full offseason. Training camp can't come fast enough. Thank god the draft is in april.

I haven't seen this kind of preparation since Seifert/Walsh days. That's where I think Harbaugh's advantage lies, over a lot of coaches.
Does he also administer the lie detector tests on the Maury Povitch show?
Originally posted by Joecool:
I cant stand the razor but he has a valid point. Even Cosell mentioned that researchers have dug up the data and never has a team been close to a high turnover differential two years straight. We said the same thing about the Saints after they won the SB. They rode their turnovers that uear and werent so fortunate the following year. Combine that with a tougher schedule and hey were a disappointment. And their team actually had a high scoring offense. Imagine our offense without the Defense and Special teams vastly helping them get into prime scoring position.

We will need to score way more point on offense than we did this year from longer drives if we want to even come close to 13 wins. If you think our D and ST can repeat what they did, you are dreaming.

I think the bigger issue is injuries. We didn't have too many of them last year.
I think the quarterback position will be improved next year, whether it be by Alex's "now I understand everything" ultra-functionality, or Kaepernick taking the reigns.

As long as the two Smiths are healthy on defense, I feel confident about it. I am really excited about Aldon Smith's "now I understand everything" functionality he should be able to put on display next year.
We had a lot of very good rookies last year, so all of them should have greatly improved functionality.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 1, 2012 at 3:14 AM ]
Because what they are saying is true. This was more than likely our best chance at a SB with this current squad and even with Harbaugh. These chances come once every 10 years for teams that don't have an ELITE franchise QB.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Because what they are saying is true. This was more than likely our best chance at a SB with this current squad and even with Harbaugh. These chances come once every 10 years for teams that don't have an ELITE franchise QB.

Well Alex Smith was already better than we ever thought he could be. This with no offseason due to the lockout and 1 year in the same system. With marginal WR's. Why can't he be better with 2 years in the system, a full offseason with Harbaugh and some FA / Draft WR's?.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Well Alex Smith was already better than we ever thought he could be. This with no offseason due to the lockout and 1 year in the same system. With marginal WR's. Why can't he be better with 2 years in the system, a full offseason with Harbaugh and some FA / Draft WR's?.....

Next year AS has to be more than a game manager...I could see him getting better and taking more chances...hopefully...but even with all that being said, I really don't see how the cards could fall in our favor any better than they did this year...we were quite possibly the best team in the league and we didn't even get a chance to play in the SB .
He's looking at all the guys going into FA we have next year, and banking on the worst case scenario. Which is to lose them all and get minimal in return. In another words Baalke utterly fail next year. If this is so Barbieri may be right.

I think the team will be a little bit different but I think they will have the same success.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM ]

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who?
I haven't lived in the Bay Area since 1996 and I was tired of hearing Barbieri and Radnich back then. I always thought Radnich was a schmuck, can't believe he's still on the air. Fire 'em all and get some new blood in there!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
about what he says.
Three reasons I don't listen to KNBR, Gary & Larry, Fitz & Brooks, the Razo & Mr. T
Screw KNBR only time i listen to them are during Niner and Giants games. I'm moved on over to 95.7 The Game. way more interesting subject matter.
Share 49ersWebzone