There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

Damn..Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin, and Jeremy Maclin were available in the 1st round after Crabs :(
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Damn..Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin, and Jeremy Maclin were available in the 1st round after Crabs :(

Don't forget Kenny Britt and Maclin.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Damn..Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin, and Jeremy Maclin were available in the 1st round after Crabs :(

mike wallace too, but really who cares its not like any of those guys are superstars on this team, its like the aaron rodgers alex smith thing all over again
Crabtree would be a star on NY, Tenn, or Philly. They have QB's
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Crabtree would be a star on NY, Tenn, or Philly. They have QB's

he needs another WR opposite of him that is blatently obvious and hes had surgury every year since the second year in nfl (same foot inury) so i really highly doubt it
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Crabtree would be a star on NY, Tenn, or Philly. They have QB's

Not to nit pick but Hasselbeck is the equivalent of Smith.....

Crabtree is an extremely good #2. The fact that he is only 6'0 and not actually fast but just shifty keeps him out of the elite #1 status. We just need to stop debating this and realize that he is going to be a solid guy for however long he is with us but we need a bigger and fast target to take the pressure of Crabtree.

With Vernon and Crabtree on the field at the same time a team just bracket covers VD and can still double crabtree with a CB and another S or LB. Adding a legitimate #1 will force teams to leave someone in single coverage that actually do something because right now the trifecta of Morgan, Ginn, Williams isn't not capable of blowing open a game with their play.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Damn..Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin, and Jeremy Maclin were available in the 1st round after Crabs :(

LOL. All better than Crabtree. And all much faster....
He finally broke out this year, basically only played in 14 games, and was on pace for 1000+ yards. Crabtree is fine. Get ANY other legitimate threat out there and if he can get in an off-season and build chemistry, you'll see an even bigger improvement.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He finally broke out this year, basically only played in 14 games, and was on pace for 1000+ yards. Crabtree is fine. Get ANY other legitimate threat out there and if he can get in an off-season and build chemistry, you'll see an even bigger improvement.

Agree 100%.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Damn..Hakeem Nicks, Percy Harvin, and Jeremy Maclin were available in the 1st round after Crabs :(

LOL. All better than Crabtree. And all much faster....

"We had no idea he would be there at 10," coach Mike Singletary said. "It was one of the last scenarios we thought we would end up with. He's been one of the best guys, the past couple of years in college football."
I don't know anything about craps personally other than he ruined my Horns chance for a national title. He literally beat the cratp out of us. When he came here in the draft...or rather when he held out after the draft...I was at first excited, and then despondent that he had an attitude that reeked of me, me , me, me. That WAS the 49ers up until this yr, but that is all gone now. Guys here now are Harbaugh guys and the team is first for virtually all of them. Somehow, craps has been great in a few games...spectacular actually...only to disappear in the next 3 games. He wasn't here for us during the playoffs. He was in the Saints game but that was the sorriest example of a professional WR I have seen in ages. 3 passes, right between the 1 and 5. Right there. Money. But craps dropped all 3. If you were alex, would you be targeting craps? Man, i sure wouldn't , and this is not the first time either.

Looking back over this season, I would say craps didn't throw one fake, didn't make one juke, didn't lose anybody. He sure didn't outrun anyone. His spectacular catches 10 feet off the ground were just that...spectacular. But we all know it isn't what you did for me yesterday, it is what you do for me today. And those 10 foot OMG catches, have recently turned into ugly, simple drops. He seems never to be open. He should read the Jerry Rice book on "how to" and he would find that running crisp exact routes, running comebackers to the QB, esp in a blitzorama game, and the simple but totally overlooked fake, feint, juke...whatever you call it, Craps doesn't use it or do it. He could become a wide open WR on every play if he took a page from GOAT Jerry Rice, and watched his film. It would make craps 10 times the player he is today.

Someone above noted that craps is playing himself into a lesser contract when this one expires. From my standpoint, that contract ending cannot come soon enough, and I somehow have a gut feeling that craps could play a role in landing a top WR here if we were to exchg him and our pick for a top 5 to 10 pick. I could be dead wrong, but based on the me, me , me (holdout that essentially wiped out his first yr...he played 2nd half but obviously never learned the playbook)... That smacks of laziness, selfishness.
Maybe with a committment to learning and using fakes, he could become something special. Right now, I would be happy to see him leave...for equal compensation, obviously. He is getting #1 pay and has basically played like a #3 or #4, while at times going dark...ie, just disappearing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I don't know anything about craps personally other than he ruined my Horns chance for a national title. He literally beat the cratp out of us. When he came here in the draft...or rather when he held out after the draft...I was at first excited, and then despondent that he had an attitude that reeked of me, me , me, me. That WAS the 49ers up until this yr, but that is all gone now. Guys here now are Harbaugh guys and the team is first for virtually all of them. Somehow, craps has been great in a few games...spectacular actually...only to disappear in the next 3 games. He wasn't here for us during the playoffs. He was in the Saints game but that was the sorriest example of a professional WR I have seen in ages. 3 passes, right between the 1 and 5. Right there. Money. But craps dropped all 3. If you were alex, would you be targeting craps? Man, i sure wouldn't , and this is not the first time either.

Looking back over this season, I would say craps didn't throw one fake, didn't make one juke, didn't lose anybody. He sure didn't outrun anyone. His spectacular catches 10 feet off the ground were just that...spectacular. But we all know it isn't what you did for me yesterday, it is what you do for me today. And those 10 foot OMG catches, have recently turned into ugly, simple drops. He seems never to be open. He should read the Jerry Rice book on "how to" and he would find that running crisp exact routes, running comebackers to the QB, esp in a blitzorama game, and the simple but totally overlooked fake, feint, juke...whatever you call it, Craps doesn't use it or do it. He could become a wide open WR on every play if he took a page from GOAT Jerry Rice, and watched his film. It would make craps 10 times the player he is today.

Someone above noted that craps is playing himself into a lesser contract when this one expires. From my standpoint, that contract ending cannot come soon enough, and I somehow have a gut feeling that craps could play a role in landing a top WR here if we were to exchg him and our pick for a top 5 to 10 pick. I could be dead wrong, but based on the me, me , me (holdout that essentially wiped out his first yr...he played 2nd half but obviously never learned the playbook)... That smacks of laziness, selfishness.
Maybe with a committment to learning and using fakes, he could become something special. Right now, I would be happy to see him leave...for equal compensation, obviously. He is getting #1 pay and has basically played like a #3 or #4, while at times going dark...ie, just disappearing.
I am pretty sure he is on a short leash this off season and I am pretty sure that the coach is making sure that craps can see the dog house from his window at all times. If craps repeats this lack of off season woking and being with his team mates, he will be gone and i am fine with that
Crabtree reminds me of a guy who needs balls thrown his way early and often to stay in the game. This really doesn't happen in SF. I can count on one of my hands that crabtree was given a chance to run after the catch. Most of his catches he is jumping up or barely getting his feet in bounds on the way out.

If crabs plays on any of the top five QB's teams, he makes the all pro conversation.
[ Edited by fister30 on Jan 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am pretty sure he is on a short leash this off season and I am pretty sure that the coach is making sure that craps can see the dog house from his window at all times. If craps repeats this lack of off season woking and being with his team mates, he will be gone and i am fine with that

Especially if Mohamed Sanu, Alshon Jeffery, or Nick Toon are available to us in the 1st round.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,236
Originally posted by fister30:
Crabtree reminds me of a guy who needs balls thrown his way early and often to stay in the game. This really doesn't happen in SF.
crabtree reminds me of a guy who needs to catch the balls when thrown at him and who needs to work to get open, that really does not happen in SF