There are 203 users in the forums

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

i think he is a GREAT #2 W.R
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
i think he is a GREAT #2 W.R

Yeah that would be fine if we had a true #1 lol. I hope we can snag someone great this offseason...
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Michael Crabtree played in the Big 12, You must be delusional to say he didnt play in a good conference. A Big 12 team has represented in the National Championship game 7 of the past 12 years. Maybe the Best conference in the Nation. He scored 41 Td's in just 2 seasons. Yea he played in the spread, as do most players these days. MC is legit. He is not a burner but more of a Michael Irvin type. The kid has real talent, just needs to be fully healthy.

It's not the SEC for defense.
Same non-sense that's said about Brandon Marshall, the 2012 Pro-Bowl MVP. He's lazy, no effort, etc.

Then you give him a quarterback, and he scores four touchdowns.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Same non-sense that's said about Brandon Marshall, the 2012 Pro-Bowl MVP. He's lazy, no effort, etc.

he produced in miami and in denver his problem wasnt laziness and no effort

his problem was he had a bad attitude mainly due to teh fact he was bi polar

and lol refering to pro bowl as scoring regrence
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Plus crabtree hasn't even made the pro bowl once. This is marshall's 3rd time going even with "mediocre" quarterbacking. There is no comparison between those two.
I love the poll choices, 1) Sucks sweaty balls or 2) Sucked sweaty balls...LOL

Mike Mayock and others have constantly said the same thing about him, this year and in years past, "He can be as good as he WANTS to be". That's a clever way of calling a player lazy.

Your right, the Pro-Bowl is not a good reference for any stat.
Originally posted by mike:

Plus crabtree hasn't even made the pro bowl once. This is marshall's 3rd time going even with "mediocre" quarterbacking. There is no comparison between those two.

Both Marshall and Randy Moss have been called "lazy" throughout their careers. The word "lazy" is always hidden in phrases such as, "I don't think he's really 'committed' to this team." "He can be as good as he 'wants' to be."etc.
When Moss was with the Raiders, he was "lazy, washed up, and done." Then Brady throws him the ball, and he breaks the single season TD record.

Those are both special receivers and neither of them are "lazy". Michael Crabtree is not as good as they are, but his so-called "problem" is not "laziness". Every player in this league puts forth tons of effort, they wouldn't be in the league if they didn't put in the effort.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I love the poll choices, 1) Sucks sweaty balls or 2) Sucked sweaty balls...LOL

I think the polls are fixed. He either sucks, or he's lazy.

How about the, "There is no problem with Michael Crabtree" option?

Maybe it is all a lot simpler than we are thinking. It was obvious craps wasn't excited about coming here when he did a half 1st season holdout and never learned the plays that yr. What he has done is show flashes of brilliance at times, only to disappear later. Maybe this is simply his way of telling the 9er coaches that "gee, whiz, he really doesn't want to play here" . Obviously , i don't know what is going on in his head, but this could be what his actions, both between his ears and on the field are saying. Ask the question, "does anyone know someone on the team who really doesn't want to be here?" and I can think of only one.

The thing that is amazing is that if I were a player, I would do anything to play here now. Not from 2002 until 2010, but in 2011, I just cannot conceive of a player who doesn't want to be here. Yet those are the vibes I get when watching craps or listening to him on that rare occasion.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
He has never been considered a problem or lazy by coaches but did hold out during TC and suffered injuries in two other TCs. If all his absences from TC are legit, which I assume they are, he is a victim of injury, not lazyness. I don't like his attitude after the NY game but am not willing to bash him for it...we had TO for heaven's sake!

He did well as the year went by and then disappeared after the 9ers lost Edwards. Grant Cohn's article suggesting the 9ers draft Fleener and pick up Colston in FAcy made sense as it would make it impossible for opponents to put the best CB on Crabtree.

that last point make sense. We also need a burner too on the outside.
If not Colston, how bout Mike Wallace (also Crantree's buddy off the field)?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Both Marshall and Randy Moss have been called "lazy" throughout their careers. The word "lazy" is always hidden in phrases such as, "I don't think he's really 'committed' to this team." "He can be as good as he 'wants' to be."etc.
When Moss was with the Raiders, he was "lazy, washed up, and done." Then Brady throws him the ball, and he breaks the single season TD record.

Those are both special receivers and neither of them are "lazy". Michael Crabtree is not as good as they are, but his so-called "problem" is not "laziness". Every player in this league puts forth tons of effort, they wouldn't be in the league if they didn't put in the effort.
THIS
Wallace would be just fine, but I can't imagine the steelers letting him walk. As for Colston, even if we got say, Bowe, I would love to see us make a run at Colston too. God luck separating Colston from Sean Payton, but it never hurts to try. Realistically, if we got one of the 4 above, we would all celebrate. I think we would have best shot at Bowe, but that is just a wild azz guess.
I think he was really overwhelmed with the big stage

Trading/Cutting him would be SO stupid though hes a solid WR. Any guy who can put up the numbers he did in our O is a keeper
Share 49ersWebzone