There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I have a hard time believing he'll ever get any peace on the subject around here. Roger Craig was a beloved 49er who had built up a ton of equity with 49er fans while helping us win three of our four rings up to that point before his gaffe cost us the three-peat. Many 49er fans are still bitter and hate him for it 20+ years later.

Kyle Williams has talent and he's a good kid, but I just don't see the kid ever living it down.

Exactly. As much as I like to think he could been an explosive WR no one will ever forget that he cost us not only a chance at Indy, but if we played D the same way vs. the Pats we would have been Super Bowl champions.

You guys can defend him all ya's want but he blew that game and can go f**k himself as far as I'm concerned
nah WHY keep him? do u think he would be better than a FA wr, morgan and crabs? doubt it , maybe for a 4th 5th wr slot.
He needs to go. If you feel the same way feel free to join our Facebook Group. We have Bumper stickers. See here. AND HE IS DEFINATELY NOT THE BEST, HE SUCKS.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/256795034394242/?notif_t=group_activity#!/photo.php?fbid=340538225967905&set=o.256795034394242&type=1&theater
I'm damn glad you guys are not the GM or the coach of this team....

Originally posted by kidash98:

I'd be a better GM than you.

in the wise words of Eamon...

"f**k you you ho, i dont want you back!"
Lame thread. The peeps who want to keep him don't think "he's the best".
He's under contract, keep him going into camp and only cut him if there are 5 (or six if that's what they do) players more valuable to the team than him.

Me too.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
in the wise words of Eamon...

"f**k you you ho, i dont want you back!"

This.
he's not that good. he tries to do too much. he makes mental mistakes.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Exactly. As much as I like to think he could been an explosive WR no one will ever forget that he cost us not only a chance at Indy, but if we played D the same way vs. the Pats we would have been Super Bowl champions.

You guys can defend him all ya's want but he blew that game and can go f**k himself as far as I'm concerned

It could be said that if it wasn't for his block on Will Smith on the Smith TD run we wouldn't have even been playing on Sunday. I don't know what would have happened in that game if he didn't make that block but it certainly could have ended up with a different result.
Originally posted by susweel:

I'd be a better GM than you.

Alex would not have been a part of this team for some time if you were our GM. I don't see how we have our season we had without him.
He's an injury prone 4th or 5th best reciever on a team that has horrible recievers. If he was on any other playoff caliber team he wouldnt even make a 53. Hes had 21 catches in 2 years, theres tons of better back up WRs out there. Dunno why anyone would want to keep this guy. Are you guys really scared that he would go somewhere and blow up all of a sudden? LOL. He has shown that he is a scatterbrained f**ktard who has no game awareness at all.

Alex Smith gets crapped on daily on these boards, along with other good players (Gore). But this guy commits 2 devastating turnovers in the NFCC game and people dont want to give him up? LOL
Does anyone else feel we should've let Braylon Edwards nurse his injury the proper way and kept him? I really think he could've helped us in the playoffs. Cutting him was dumb and premature. He did a good job when healthy and has experience in the playoffs something none of our WR's have (maybe Ginn?). Only one pass to a WR is horrible and Braylon would've helped in that regard I think.