LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

A history of major choking on the big stage in both college and the pros. That usually doesn't get better. He fumbled the punt against AZ in college at the end of the game to lose too. Same thing in the NFC Championship. 2 punt fumbles, 1 reverse fumble, diving for balls for the catch on the punt that he doesn't need to. The bigger the moment and game the mess ups with this guy.

I had high hopes for him at slot WR. But I don't care anymore. He is the type of guy who will blow up your team and your season. Find another slot WR. I never, ever want to see this guy on a 49ers uniform again. Not even in training camp or preseason. He's a choker. And those guys bury you. He did it once. Do you want him to do it again? Because I think he will. That's what chokers do. Let him choke for some other team. Put him on the Giants and let him do returns in the playoffs...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM ]
end him

Originally posted by RonMexico:
end him

He's a choker. He's not worth a #3 or #4 slot WR. Find somebody else. I never want to see him again. Not because I'm mad (I am mad). But because I know he will choke again. And I don't want him doing it to my team.
He can still be a good WR, just keep him off special teams.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I think he will choke again. And I don't want him as part of our team. Imagine him catching balls in another NFC Championship. I think he will fumble on a key drive or something.....
Hopefully we bring in so much great new talent that he doesn't make the cut. I really don't want to see him playing in a 49er uni again.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I think he will choke again. And I don't want him as part of our team. Imagine him catching balls in another NFC Championship. I think he will fumble on a key drive or something.....

he's 23 years old in his second year. Young guys get over it. We have a young team. Odds are someone was going to screw up eventually. Plus he had that bad concussion a few weeks before the game, chances are he wasnt thinking correctly.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

This.

he's 23 years old in his second year. Young guys get over it. We have a young team. Odds are someone was going to screw up eventually. Plus he had that bad concussion a few weeks before the game, chances are he wasnt thinking correctly.

He did the same thing vs. Arizona in college when he was at Arizona St. He's a choker. I don't want him anymore. Say bye.

Keep him. I think he knows what he needs to do to prevent making those mistakes again.......
He made a lot plays this season and he will only get better.......
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Keep him. I think he knows what he needs to do to prevent making those mistakes again.......
He made a lot plays this season and he will only get better.......

What does he need to do to prevent it?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
A history of major choking on the big stage in both college and the pros. That usually doesn't get better. He fumbled the punt against AZ in college at the end of the game to lose too. Same thing in the NFC Championship. 2 punt fumbles, 1 reverse fumble, diving for balls for the catch on the punt that he doesn't need to. The bigger the moment and game the mess ups with this guy.

I had high hopes for him at slot WR. But I don't care anymore. He is the type of guy who will blow up your team and your season. Find another slot WR. I never, ever want to see this guy on a 49ers uniform again. Not even in training camp or preseason. He's a choker. And those guys bury you. He did it once. Do you want him to do it again? Because I think he will. That's what chokers do. Let him choke for some other team. Put him on the Giants and let him do returns in the playoffs...

Keep him he's the best?

Cmon, be a little more biast please.

He did the same thing vs. Arizona in college when he was at Arizona St. He's a choker. I don't want him anymore. Say bye.

lol So if he could become a 800-1000 yard WR and give us 8 TDs and consistently tear it up down the field you would get rid of him over 1 bad game and a bad game in college? All you have to do is keep him off PR/KR. He's already proven he can catch passes, just not punts.
Bye Kyle. Before you leave, clear the locker for Dwayne Bowe.
Share 49ersWebzone