There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 San Francisco 49ers FA Targets / Draft Needs Thread (Niner Talk Edition)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1028841-nfl-free-agents-2012-5-wide-receivers-the-san-francisco-49ers-should-target#/articles/1028841-nfl-free-agents-2012-5-wide-receivers-the-san-francisco-49ers-should-target/page/2

Two of these and we could have payback!
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1028841-nfl-free-agents-2012-5-wide-receivers-the-san-francisco-49ers-should-target#/articles/1028841-nfl-free-agents-2012-5-wide-receivers-the-san-francisco-49ers-should-target/page/2

Two of these and we could have payback!

If I was an elite reciever, no way in hell would I want to go to the Niners......just saying.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If I was an elite reciever, no way in hell would I want to go to the Niners......just saying.

Why? We made it to the NFC championship with our current receiving core...imagine what we could do with elite talent. I think people would recognize that.
[ Edited by PatrickWillis52 on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM ]
you know if baalke is actually planning to take a wr in the 1st i would hope he talks to mike wallace's agent. i would give up a 1st and 3rd for wallace in a heartbeat, a 6'0" wr with 4.3 speed would be a godsend for this team
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

But therein lies the problem. Didn't we have the most Pro-Bowler's of any team? They are ALL going to want big money.

How many Pro-Bowl defenders do we lose to acquire our super WR?
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:

Why? We made it to the NFC championship with our current receiving core...imagine what we could do with elite talent. I think people would recognize that.

Putting up NUMBERS is how receivers get recognized, and how the get to the Pro-Bowl, and how they get paid.
Sign colston, bowe or Jackson
Re-sign ginn
Sign meachem

Colston, Jackson or bowe
Crabtree
Meachem
Ginn
Willams
Championship
why mike wallace? isn't he a homerun hitter? the team runs a WCO. wouldn't a possession receiver fit the O better?
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
why mike wallace? isn't he a homerun hitter? the team runs a WCO. wouldn't a possession receiver fit the O better?

mike wallace does everything, hes no desean jackson. for the steelers he runs all routes, hes nearly 200lbs not 175 like jackson is.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

We don't even have average talent.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:

mike wallace does everything, hes no desean jackson. for the steelers he runs all routes, hes nearly 200lbs not 175 like jackson is.

Nice! guess i didnt realize that. but the more i think about it the more i can remember announcers saying how he's not just the homerun threat he was a year ago.
Originally posted by BobS:

We don't even have average talent.
aint that the truth
Wonder if we go after Plax again? Reggie Wayne? 9ers are kind of cheap about going after other team FAs.
My dream offseason would at least be to sign either Bowe or V-Jax, but there's no way that'll happen with a lot of our current players at the end of their contracts. Schefter predicts we'll sign Colston even after re-signing Alex, Goldson, and Rogers. I'm not sure how that will work but that would be a huge upgrade to our offense. My only problem is that he's known to be injury prone. Schefter also said we could trade up a few spots to draft WR Kendall Wright.

Fills both of our WR needs: Speedy Playmaker + Tall receiver

Hopefully we'll be able to retain a couple of the Tony Montana guys and Ahmad Brooks