LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

QB position up for competition next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I am probably in the minority who wants to look elsewhere for a QB but if we are really grooming Kaep to be the next QB for this team Alex Smith on a 2 year 3rd year team option deal. I would rather go after Peyton Manning.

We are not going to get Peyton, unless u want to completely gut this team to get him.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I am probably in the minority who wants to look elsewhere for a QB but if we are really grooming Kaep to be the next QB for this team Alex Smith on a 2 year 3rd year team option deal. I would rather go after Peyton Manning.

We are not going to get Peyton, unless u want to completely gut this team to get him.

Before this season Harbaugh didn't know what he had in Smith and got Kap great move. After this season with no OTA, mini camp etc Smith does a great job in Harbaugh system, has 5 4th qtr come from behind wins, beats Drew Brees in a 4th qtr playoff shoot out, and does a hell of a job without having a real #1 WR. Enough the man has earned the right to called the starting QB of the SF 49ers until proven other wise.
I want Peyton Manning.
We have a lot of FA's so we won't draft a qb any earlier than the 5th IMO (if at all) so its A.S vs CK. I'm excited, I love alex, but we know he can only take us so far, I can't wait to see if the kid CK improves at all, and dont forget about TOLZ.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets go Team Kap !!!

he's not ready

As much as you hate on Alex Smith as our QB, you'll hate on Kaepernick more.
Alex will be starter coach just wanna keep him on his toes this off season
Originally posted by CUZO49:
Alex will be starter coach just wanna keep him on his toes this off season

I think you should start a thread about it....

j/k
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

I don't see irsay picking up that 28 million $ roster bonus when he clearly is selecting Andrew Luck #1 overall. In other words we most likely will have the oppurtunity to sign him as a free agent. I don't see a better landing spot for Manning, the 49ers are a qb away from being practically unbeatable.

Alex is what he is, a serviceable qb tough & scrappy.. Yet he lacks the accuracy & field vision to win a tee shirt game. Manning would have nailed Williams for 6 on that play action pass, probably would have seen Delanie running down the sideline alone as well.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM ]
WE WANT..............

KAP!!.. bring him in.. he is way faster than alex on da run... he knows da shotgun.. (maybe even better than alex)..
Alex pisses me off when he smiles.. especially when we lose.. da dumbas** smiles??!!.. WTF..

plus, kap came in from Nevada.. yea, nevada.. lmao.. da wolfpack.. a small school who actually beat boise at the top of their game... not to mention
da pistol offense could be an added weapon we use in da NFL.. but with a Harbaugh/Roman.. twist.. just sayin.. think about it...

We NEED a clutch quarterback like that...

Alex is just too nerdy.. (thinks too dang much on every throw.. too analytical) ..

WE WANT KAP!!!!!!! ......... WE WANT KAP!!!!!!!!....

P.S.- I used to hate kap cause he beat up on my Fresno State Bulldogs.. So I know the guy.. But Now I love him cause he a NINER!!.. OH well, who cares.

WE STILL WANT KAP!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
WE WANT..............

KAP!!.. bring him in.. he is way faster than alex on da run... he knows da shotgun.. (maybe even better than alex)..
Alex pisses me off when he smiles.. especially when we lose.. da dumbas** smiles??!!.. WTF..

plus, kap came in from Nevada.. yea, nevada.. lmao.. da wolfpack.. a small school who actually beat boise at the top of their game... not to mention
da pistol offense could be an added weapon we use in da NFL.. but with a Harbaugh/Roman.. twist.. just sayin.. think about it...

Alex is just too nerdy.. (thinks too dang much on every throw.. too analytical) ..

P.S.- I used to hate kap cause he beat up on my Fresno State Bulldogs.. So I know the guy.. But Now I love him cause he a NINER!!.. OH well, who cares.

sixth fourth quarter comebacks aren't clutch enough, for you?

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Great comparison. A future Hall-of-Famer competing with Larry Grant is exactly like Harbaugh's 2nd round draft protege competing with the all-powerful Alex Smith.

Alex is far from all powerful.. he don't even believe in his receivers.. only vernon and delaine.. even troy smith would've threw a few shots downfield to Crabtree in da last FOUR POSSESSIONS we had at the end of the fourth quarter.. but NO.. alex did'nt cause he a B*ach
Originally posted by GMniner805:
I don't see irsay picking up that 28 million $ roster bonus when he clearly is selecting Andrew Luck #1 overall. In other words we most likely will have the oppurtunity to sign him as a free agent. I don't see a better landing spot for Manning, the 49ers are a qb away from being practically unbeatable.

Alex is what he is, a serviceable qb tough & scrappy.. Yet he lacks the accuracy & field vision to win a tee shirt game. Manning would have nailed Williams for 6 on that play action pass, probably would have seen Delanie running down the sideline alone as well.

People can pipedream about Peyton Manning going to San Francisco, but think about all the control he'd lose - going from on an offense he knew, for almost his whole career, to adjusting for a period of time. For all the freedom the West Coast Offense relays, there's still plenty of structure, and precision behind it.
Originally posted by lssanjose:
WE WANT..............

I'm pretty sure this dude is just mocking the "anti-Smith" crowd.
WE WANT..............

yeah that was a stupid and semi-incoherent post by the guy. 6 4th quarter comebacks including an all time playoff classic aren't clutch enough? Outlasting 2 horrible HCs plus going through 7 OCs and 2 shoulder surgeries and still rising to a top 10 QB level is too nerdy? Alex is a bad ass IMO. Nothing against Kaepernick but anyone wanting him in over Alex is insane IMO.

The only reason it's clutch is cause of the way our defense played to KEEP US in da game.. If alex can do that after sooooooooo many coordinators in his head..

and all the Boooo's we gave him all those seasons.. then definitely KAP can come in and do some damage.. he is fresh.. and ready to go.. this whole season he has been studying quietly..

he's confident.... Alex won't be after watching the film from this game.. (knowing he had receivers open but didnt pull da dang trigger)
Share 49ersWebzone