There are 188 users in the forums

QB position up for competition next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
i say we get rid of smith if he is looking for 10+ million dollars a year that's a joke LET HIM WALK

There is a thread for Alex Smith posts.
Coach Speak
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets go Team Kap !!!

Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
I feel we're very blessed to have Kaep and A.Smith as our Qb's. Let the games begin
If Alex keeps improving than I am more than happy with him. He got a lot better but we still need to work on Redzone opportunities and 3rd down eff. 30th? ranked offense in yardage?
At the same time Harbaugh handpicked Kaep. They even traded up for him. They could have used it on a CB or Oline or WR but Kaep was his guy so he see's something in him. It's up to Kaep to improve his game. Harbs will stick with Alex, but it's a good way to let Alex know that if he wants to keep the job then he has to keep getting better.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Yep. The same "open competition" Patrick Willis has for his spot every year.

better not leave someone better then patrick willis on the bench
Ya...JH also said in the same interview, that it was important to have alex back for "continuity". All that JH is saying is Alex will still have to fend off competition...thats all. Didn't york also say he wants alex back for a long time???
We'll see about the QB starting position. I doubt it will be anyone but Smith until we hear otherwise. At this point it just feeling like they will sign him to a another deal.
who has the better arm and is a better deep thrower-Kaep or Smith?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Kaep has the stronger arm for sure
Originally posted by valrod33:

but is he more accurate?

Originally posted by valrod33:

but is he more accurate?

dont know, we will find out in camp and preseason though
Kap is more mobile and has the better arm. Smith has more experience and can make smarter choices (for now).

I would like to see Kap buff up more.When he stands next to alex he looks pretty skinny
Dont forget about Tolzien.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Dont forget about Tolzien.

Not saying anything bad about Tolzien. But face it were forgeting him for good reason
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Kap is more mobile and has the better arm. Smith has more experience and can make smarter choices (for now).

I would like to see Kap buff up more.When he stands next to alex he looks pretty skinny

What? Leg wise, ya, he has some pretty skinny calves. But arms, the dude has guns man. Way bigger than Smith up top.
Share 49ersWebzone