49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 406 users in the forums

QB position up for competition next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by bayniner21:
http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_19800184

highly agree with tim here screw kaep lets attempt to pick up a legit deep threat

I think we should trust harbaalke's ability to find diamonds in the rough. Are we forgetting what the rookie class did this year?? We may be fortunate and see Jeffrey fall to us at 30. Definitely shouldn't consider trading Kap. Harbaugh isn't here to groom QB's for other teams to have success with...he's here to win Super Bowls...Kap is part of that plan, IMO.

Will you trust him if goes with Alex again like he is going to do?
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I guess I'm banking on Kaepernick panning out. In comparison to Alex...He has bigger arm, better scrambling ability, showed the clutch gene in college, he'll be 25 next year. He's not 22. Harbaugh has shown the magic touch with quarterbacks...he plucked Luck from west Houston(Katy) and helped turned him to the greatest prospect in years. He saw something in Kaepernick and I think he'll do the same.

Kellen Moore may not be a bad mid late round pickup..extremely accurate, intelligent. I know he's losing stock and has a frail frame, correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with the above about Keap. I do see alot of talent. But damn I didnt know he was already 25. You got to do something with him soon if this is the case. He cant be sitting on the bench catching dust. My thing is they should just copy the WCO in how it caters to Vick for Kaep.

It would be good if they brought in a proven winning FA QB as a vet. Thats not going to happen.

Kellen Moore does not sound bad for a late draft pick. He has a few knocks against him, but if you get him late its not like a huge blow to a team if he didnt pan out.
[ Edited by 305Niner on Jan 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by bayniner21:
http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_19800184

highly agree with tim here screw kaep lets attempt to pick up a legit deep threat

I think we should trust harbaalke's ability to find diamonds in the rough. Are we forgetting what the rookie class did this year?? We may be fortunate and see Jeffrey fall to us at 30. Definitely shouldn't consider trading Kap. Harbaugh isn't here to groom QB's for other teams to have success with...he's here to win Super Bowls...Kap is part of that plan, IMO.

Will you trust him if goes with Alex again like he is going to do?

Good question. Right now, with all the emotions of the blown game, tough to say.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I guess I'm banking on Kaepernick panning out. In comparison to Alex...He has bigger arm, better scrambling ability, showed the clutch gene in college, he'll be 25 next year. He's not 22. Harbaugh has shown the magic touch with quarterbacks...he plucked Luck from west Houston(Katy) and helped turned him to the greatest prospect in years. He saw something in Kaepernick and I think he'll do the same.

Kellen Moore may not be a bad mid late round pickup..extremely accurate, intelligent. I know he's losing stock and has a frail frame, correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with the above about Keap. I do see alot of talent. But damn I didnt know he was already 25. You got to do something with him soon if this is the case. He cant be sitting on the bench catching dust. My thing is they should just copy the WCO in how it caters to Vick for Kaep.

It would be good if they brought in a proven winning FA QB as a vet. Thats not going to happen.

Kellen Moore does not sound bad for a late draft pick. He has a few knocks against him, but if you get him late its not like a huge blow to a team if he didnt pan out.

Kap will be 25 this year, not quite 25 yet. With that being said, I think he'll be ready to make it a serious competition for the starting position this year. Should know the entire offense and football maturity level with his last year spent around Harbaugh and Alex. I can't wait to hear about his progression....trying to stay positive
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,488
Yes but Alex wins.
The team rallies around him.
Originally posted by Brew:
Yes but Alex wins.
The team rallies around him.

Hard to argue with that.

Just to debate a little: he didnt win the game for us in the NFCC...he allowed our special teams to lose it.

Although I do agree with your point
[ Edited by 9erguy on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 35,488
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Brew:
Yes but Alex wins.
The team rallies around him.

Hard to argue with that.
Kinda hard to be contrarian about this one.
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Brew:
Yes but Alex wins.
The team rallies around him.

Hard to argue with that.
Kinda hard to be contrarian about this one.

Originally posted by Brew:
Yes but Alex wins.
The team rallies around him.

for now..

oh, no wait.. he could'nt even convert a single third down... in da NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

doubt that frank gore.. joshua.. willis... etc.. etc.. is gonna rally behind him as HARD as they did after watching the film of this past game..
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Kap will be 25 this year, not quite 25 yet. With that being said, I think he'll be ready to make it a serious competition for the starting position this year. Should know the entire offense and football maturity level with his last year spent around Harbaugh and Alex. I can't wait to hear about his progression....trying to stay positive

Yep he will be a serious threat to these Alex robots...

I can't hardly wait either bro..

49ers Wit KAP at da helm.. gonna be BAD..
Originally posted by Brew:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Brew:
Yes but Alex wins.
The team rallies around him.

Hard to argue with that.
Kinda hard to be contrarian about this one.

Yea because of our AWESOME DEFENSE... We always depend on our D...

we need a quarterback who will pull da trigger and give our nitty gritty defense a break.
I wanted dalton but was picked 1 spot ahead of the 49ers. We willl see which one of the 2 turn out the best in 2 years. Dalton seems to be ahead at the moment. Imagine if the 49ers took dalton I think the 49ers would of won it all.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by bayniner21:
http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_19800184

highly agree with tim here screw kaep lets attempt to pick up a legit deep threat

I think we should trust harbaalke's ability to find diamonds in the rough. Are we forgetting what the rookie class did this year?? We may be fortunate and see Jeffrey fall to us at 30. Definitely shouldn't consider trading Kap. Harbaugh isn't here to groom QB's for other teams to have success with...he's here to win Super Bowls...Kap is part of that plan, IMO.

Trade Tolzien for Josh Johnson? I mean there is no QB competition if it stands with the QB we have. 49ers are not going to get a FA Vet. They are going to re-sign Smith unfortunately and go with the other 2 QB's we already have. Maybe draft one late? I doub it. Maybe Kaep can surprise, but I think he probably needs to sit 2 full years. It would be nice to get some real insurance if he didnt pan out though.

josh johnson is a free agent. im on the josh johnson train, whos with me?
Originally posted by Whomeam:
so for some reason you don't want to keep the QB who helped get us to overtime in the NFC Championship?

....and if it weren't for 2 special teams turnovers would be playing in the SB....
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
so for some reason you don't want to keep the QB who helped get us to overtime in the NFC Championship?

....and if it weren't for 2 special teams turnovers would be playing in the SB....


The Saints had a couple of special teams muffs and fumbles too.

Hate to say it, but I think we beat the better team, then lost to the worse team. When your team relies on defense and special teams, the games are always down to the wire. Its tough to consistently win that way every game, every year.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:33 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone