LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

QB position up for competition next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Well its just he is a project QB. I don't mean he cant do it at all, but I do see talent in him, just I dont feel he would be ready next year. He is not a Cam Newton. I think in time he could probably be good. Im not writing him off, but he has work to do. If he does it this off season, shoot I would be real proud.

Right now Alex has the experience and edge on him. He is competing against 2 second year QB's. I just think it would be given to him.

makes sense.. (sounds apologetic tho).. LOL

As for Cam.. well dat guy is only decent... he will never be an elite quarterback.. (srry just sayin.. lmao) .. Alex was my elite quarterback before Arron Rodgers out did him and got to the super bowl... and won it...

but I'll stop here.. cause a whole can of worms can spill out over this one..
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
alex was never inaccurate did you hear joe montana in rayes offense?

he said alex had no where to go with the ball there were no back up options for him he said this offense sucks

thse were his exact words so thats why his comp % may have not been as good int he past

alex has no problems with touvh passes he ahs completed a lot this year all of them perfect
mechanics defintially not an issue

and i dont get bolded if youre talking baout kaep his accuracy and mechanics was bad in college and showed again in preseason he coulnt compete with the 3rd team D on other teams

I agree Alex played way better than previous years

but do you ever admit that Alex has qb issues, you always seem to blame everyone else (OL, coaching, WR's, refs, A. dixon hair, etc, etc) except Alex.
this as in raye and singeltaries

and yet he still prduced decently i might add

I'm just askin if you could provide a link.. thats all
Originally posted by fly15:

he said alex had no where to go with the ball there were no back up options for him he said this offense sucks

thse were his exact words so thats why his comp % may have not been as good int he past

alex has no problems with touvh passes he ahs completed a lot this year all of them perfect

and i dont get bolded if youre talking baout kaep his accuracy and mechanics was bad in college and showed again in preseason he coulnt compete with the 3rd team D on other teams

but do you ever admit that Alex has qb issues, you always seem to blame everyone else (OL, coaching, WR's, refs, A. dixon hair, etc, etc) except Alex.

He's always been like this fly. No use in trying to change it now. At least oldman, memphis, dtg and a few others have acknowledged when Alex has played poorly. Its never Alex's fault for this dude. NEVER.

no alex has problems

but coaching is the biggest issue and this year proved it

he did better than previous years and he had no offseason and still had arguably top 10 year in nfl with no real WR

and as i recall montana said that coaching was the biggest issue as well he said rayes offense sucked as he had no optioons on where to throw the ball and said

try changing your job 6 times in 6 years and see how well you do
exact words
is montana making alexcuses?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

He's always been like this fly. No use in trying to change it now. At least oldman, memphis, dtg and a few others have acknowledged when Alex has played poorly. Its never Alex's fault for this dude. NEVER.

are you kidding me? i said alex phas played bad in many games this game he played ok but eli played wrose thats all i said
also i said after the cardinals game (2nd one that was his worst game this year)

if youre going to make a statement at least get your facts straught
Originally posted by Afrikan:
anyone know if NFL Rewind will have a different price after the SuperBowl?

also do they have preseason games as well?

I want to see every single Kaep pass in preseason...most looked like greedy decisions, more so than off target throws (Kaepexcuse?). He also had a some nice accurate timely passes as well.

The ones who like to point to Kaep's preseason play crack me up...I mean, did they not watch Alex during that time as well?

they were 3 knocks on him coming out of college

he cant read the defense
his accuracy and mechanics need a lot of improvement
doesnt have a touch pass

all 3 are important in this offense he has a huge arm but his deep ball accuracy isnt good eother

can't read a defense? here is what Colin says are some of his best attributes going into the NFL Draft....I doubt he'd lie about something you make sound so obvious he has a problem with.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU1CcV2D-l8[/yt]

I'm at work and can't embed a video...but yeah fast forward to around 1:20

as far as the other problems you listed, I doubt Baalke and Harbs would have traded up in the draft to get him...if those were big issues of his.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

no alex has problems

he did better than previous years and he had no offseason and still had arguably top 10 year in nfl with no real WR

and as i recall montana said that coaching was the biggest issue as well he said rayes offense sucked as he had no optioons on where to throw the ball and said

exact words

now, Alex had multiple jobs.
no alex has problems

exact words

Alex changed his job 6 times in 6 years? Really? I thought he has been the quarterback every year. I could be wrong though.

Top 10 QB this year? No chance. He was in the top 10 in ONE measurable statistic.....QB rating (which many feel isnt the best indication of production). So he is in the top 10 in one of many statistics. How does that make him top 10 in the league? Just curious if you can explain this one.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
can't read a defense? here is what Colin says are some of his best attributes going into the NFL Draft....I doubt he'd lie about something you make sound so obvious he has a problem with.

as far as the other problems you listed, I doubt Baalke and Harbs would have traded up in the draft to get him...if those were big issues of his.

This is my biggest problem with this poster. He makes comments that he represents as facts, yet they are simply nothing more than biased speculation used to make Alex seem better than he is. This is a regular tactic this poster does.

im sure he would say "Yeah I really suck at reading defenses." the reads he made running the pitol were i believe mostly run reads i.e. do i hand off the ball or run it...he was making nfl passing game reads much, if it all, in reno
[ Edited by hofer36 on Jan 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

This is my biggest problem with this poster. He makes comments that he represents as facts, yet they are simply nothing more than biased speculation used to make Alex seem better than he is. This is a regular tactic this poster does.

Kap in 2012
Originally posted by susweel:

Kap in 2012

and demarcus dobbs should take over for justin smith
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by susweel:

Kap in 2012

and demarcus dobbs should take over for justin smith

So you are comparing Justin to Alex ?
Share 49ersWebzone