LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just take out the frustration next year and go 19-0.

That would provide good closure.
Yes. I'm so f**king mad right now. Im usually so hyped for superbowls, today I was down as f**k
The thing about luck is that it eventually goes the other way. I can't wait for September
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Much more than that.

~ Fumble that was a fumble that was called not a fumble by early whistle vs. 49ers.
~ Would be Int by Goldson. Bangs into own CB...incomplete.
~ Another would be Int by Goldson. Bangs into CB again...incomplete.
~ CB knocked out of game. Pick on scrub replacement.
~ KW's 2 horrific punt return fumbles.

Super Bowl:

3 fumbles. 3. Recovered every single one of them. Like a shamrock on their helmets instead of "NY."

Packers game:

Hail Mary into triple coverage. Caught for TD....

This was an incredibly lucky playoff run. The first time in my life I actually consider the current SB winner more lucky than good. I've never seen a luckier run than this. Never.

It doesn't matter anymore. Now we'll be bombarded with "Eli is elite" hype. I will have some fun with the silly "Eli > Peyton" talks that will undoubtedly crop up however.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Much more than that.

~ Fumble that was a fumble that was called not a fumble by early whistle vs. 49ers.
~ Would be Int by Goldson. Bangs into own CB...incomplete.
~ Another would be Int by Goldson. Bangs into CB again...incomplete.
~ CB knocked out of game. Pick on scrub replacement.
~ KW's 2 horrific punt return fumbles.

Super Bowl:

3 fumbles. 3. Recovered every single one of them. Like a shamrock on their helmets instead of "NY."

Packers game:

Hail Mary into triple coverage. Caught for TD....

This was an incredibly lucky playoff run. The first time in my life I actually consider the current SB winner more lucky than good. I've never seen a luckier run than this. Never.

It doesn't matter anymore. Now we'll be bombarded with "Eli is elite" hype. I will have some fun with the silly "Eli > Peyton" talks that will undoubtedly crop up however.

Quiero llorar
I feel like we were the best team in the NFL this year...but we have s**t to show for it...
Oh what could have been...
Originally posted by fister30:
Oh what should have been...

*fixed*

really though, I'm going to catch ALOT of flack for this, but the NFC Championship game proved to me that we weren't ready for the big show. After so many missed opportunities, I realized that the team's time was not right now. So many missed passing, poor play calling, not one turnover on defense, and two turnovers on special teams, we did not play like a championship team and did not DESERVE to go.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just looking forward to getting into full off season mode. Probably by next week the media will be over sucking Giants dicks.

if i was being told in the beginning of the season that not having ted ginn on the field will cost you a trip to the sb i wouldve laughed and said child please to that person. never wouldve thought, DAMN YOU KYLE WILLIAMS, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't care to watch this SB at all, but did anyways because I am a football fan. After seeing the Giants beat the Pats, I had mixed emotions still from our loss two weeks ago. I could not stop the thoughts of that should have been us holding up our 6th trophy. However I am glad the Pats lost (not glad the giants won), because I am so sick of the media putting Tom Brady on a pedestal and declaring him the greatest QB to ever play. Joe Montana never lost a Super Bowl, and Tom Brady has lost 2 in a row now. Joe Cool is greater and cooler than Brady any day of the week and always will be.
Originally posted by hbomber040:
I didn't care to watch this SB at all, but did anyways because I am a football fan. After seeing the Giants beat the Pats, I had mixed emotions still from our loss two weeks ago. I could not stop the thoughts of that should have been us holding up our 6th trophy. However I am glad the Pats lost (not glad the giants won), because I am so sick of the media putting Tom Brady on a pedestal and declaring him the greatest QB to ever play. Joe Montana never lost a Super Bowl, and Tom Brady has lost 2 in a row now. Joe Cool is greater and cooler than Brady any day of the week and always will be.

its gonna be the samething if kobe ever gets a crack at #6 again, even though hes lost 2 nba finals, for my money theres something to be said for perfection
I didn't watch the SB, but after hearing the result I got pissed off again. I half jokingly said to my friend that the only way I can get over this is if the niners go on a threepeat and restore order to this chump ruled NFL.
No. The team had a great year, and was beaten by a team who put it all together at the end. Fans know the concept of a team of destiny. That was the Giants this year, just like the Packers last year.

Lesson learned: You simply need to get into the playoffs to get a shot. The best regular season teams are usually not the ones who win the Super Bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone