There are 151 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

im sorry if i offend someone
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

YESSSSSSSS
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Was that Taylor Mays and Dominque Ziegler. Some one needed to run a roster update
Originally posted by sacniner:
We would have effin beat the Patriots... that offense isn't anything like it is w/o Gronkowski

I think we would have won too. Honestly we would have 6 trophies in the case right now. Unreal. I think this makes it worse.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We would have effin beat the Patriots... that offense isn't anything like it is w/o Gronkowski

I think we would have won too. Honestly we would have 6 trophies in the case right now. Unreal. I think this makes it worse.....

+1 a lot more worse than I felt yesterday.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

+1 a lot more worse than I felt yesterday.

yup, this is probably the worst ive felt since the Sunday night and monday following the NFCC game
Really shows that you need to be good AND lucky to win it all. Giants had 3 fumbles in the last two games that they recovered, and the non-fumble quick whistle against SF.
boy 7 months of the media on Eli's balls .... this is terrible
Originally posted by maxl49:
boy 7 months of the media on Eli's balls .... this is terrible

I bet he gets overshadowed by Peyton's pending free agency. Once again upstaged by his older brother.
Originally posted by captveg:
Really shows that you need to be good AND lucky to win it all. Giants had 3 fumbles in the last two games that they recovered, and the non-fumble quick whistle against SF.

Much more than that.

~ Fumble that was a fumble that was called not a fumble by early whistle vs. 49ers.
~ Would be Int by Goldson. Bangs into own CB...incomplete.
~ Another would be Int by Goldson. Bangs into CB again...incomplete.
~ CB knocked out of game. Pick on scrub replacement.
~ KW's 2 horrific punt return fumbles.

Super Bowl:

3 fumbles. 3. Recovered every single one of them. Like a shamrock on their helmets instead of "NY."

Packers game:

Hail Mary into triple coverage. Caught for TD....

This was an incredibly lucky playoff run. The first time in my life I actually consider the current SB winner more lucky than good. I've never seen a luckier run than this. Never.

• Hopper
  • Veteran

+1 It's so boring watching that Pats offense without a deep *cough Randy Moss* threat. A ton of their passes are only 5-10 yards with Welker and the TE's.

Much more than that.

~ Fumble that was a fumble that was called not a fumble by early whistle vs. 49ers.

Super Bowl:

3 fumbles. 3. Recovered every single one of them. Like a shamrock on their helmets instead of "NY."

Packers game:

This was an incredibly lucky playoff run. The first time in my life I actually consider the current SB winner more lucky than good. I've never seen a luckier run than this. Never.

This. After Bradshaw fumbled that ball in his own territory and the Giants recovered I knew they would somehow win. Unreal that they got every ball to bounce their way this season. I know that all SB teams get breaks along the way but this was unprecedented. Divisional, NFCC and in the SB...

And yes, we would have beat the Pats....
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Much more than that.

Super Bowl:

Packers game:

This. After Bradshaw fumbled that ball in his own territory and the Giants recovered I knew they would somehow win. Unreal that they got every ball to bounce their way this season. I know that all SB teams get breaks along the way but this was unprecedented. Divisional, NFCC and in the SB...

I agree 100%. And yes we would have won. And yes this was like luck of the Irish. Just unreal. I realize SB winners get a few breaks. But I've never seen this many on a playoff run in 20 years. Never.
Yes I'm we should on top of the world right now...
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Much more than that.

Super Bowl:

Packers game:

I agree 100%. And yes we would have won. And yes this was like luck of the Irish. Just unreal. I realize SB winners get a few breaks. But I've never seen this many on a playoff run in 20 years. Never.

Yes Yes Yes. So f**king lucky and yet still so god damn cocky.

Friends and family were telling me I was being a sore loser, the epitome of the "forty-whiner" by being so pissed after the loss at Kyle Williams and for maintaining that we were by far the better team and deserved to go the SB instead of the s**t-talking Giants who were gifted the game by luck (2 broken up INTs, 2 stupid fumbles, early whistle); those same people now agree hole-heartedly with me.

Watching the game early was tough, as I just kept imagining us out there. By the second half, I was at least able to enjoy the game and feel a sense of closure.

Nonetheless, it became blatantly apparent over the course of the game that we are the best team in the league and would have trounced this Pats team--that we should be SB champs if not for Williams. Our D would have manhandled the Pats OL and the LBs and DBs able to cause several turnovers against them; offensively, our ground game would have trounced the front 7 and no one would have come close to covering VD.

As far as the Giants go, they are one of the luckiest, most cocky, and s**tty SB winners I've ever seen. For as close as the game was, I found it quite boring and sloppy; I really only got interested in the game on the final Pats drive. The only reason NYG made the bowl was due to idiotic mistakes by a backup who tried to play hero, lucky bounces, favorable ref calls, and an overzealous safety who broke up two INTs. Eli made some spectacular throws and I have to admit that he's a great QB now, but the only reason they won was again due to ridiculously favorable dumb-luck that saw 2 crucial fumbles bounce once again right to NYG players.

While I would have liked the Giants to lose this game to shut their asses up, I actually feel the best I have since we lost 2 weeks ago. We are by far the best team in the league, and with a full offseason to prepare and install complete offensive--and remember, defensive as well--packages and add a couple playmakers on O, we should have the opportunity to win every game we play next year.

At least the Brady-Montana debate is forever decided in our favor. But Damn it to hell, Kyle f**king Williams not only cost this team a SB berth but in all likelihood a SB title. I have no doubt in my mind Harbaugh would have had this team prepared to play at an extremely high level--as he had all year--and, moreover, we matched up even more favorably with the Pats then the Giants.

Hopefully this knowledge, combined with the way we lost, lights an even greater fire under our asses and we take the league by storm next year.
Share 49ersWebzone