There are 297 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
F*CK THAT

WE'LL BE BACK, HOPEFULLY WITH AN EVEN BIGGER CHIP ON OUR SHOULDERS

WE SHOULD BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND UP FOR A TITLE SHOT.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
You only get one shot....it's not like the old days....the stars really have to align in your favor. People should also keep in mind the NFC is deeper than the AFC right now, much harder road to toe. We won't be back for at least 2 - 3 years.
Your prediction is based on what? i guess we should hide under the bed for the next two to three years?after the season we had, the lack of faith is amazing from some people.it just seems like some people could not wait to run to the forum and say, this past year was a fluke, we will never do this again. why?

it just cracks me up, the nfl is so unpredictable every year, but fans continue to act like theres zero chance of something happening, or that something is a 100% gurantee, this isnt the nba
You only get one shot....it's not like the old days....the stars really have to align in your favor. People should also keep in mind the NFC is deeper than the AFC right now, much harder road to toe. We won't be back for at least 2 - 3 years.

Sorry but I'm not buying it.

As talented as the 49ers are they will be in it year in and year out. Add one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and you have a sustainable winning formula. I fully expect them to compete for a title next year.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

As talented as the 49ers are they will be in it year in and year out. Add one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and you have a sustainable winning formula. I fully expect them to compete for a title next year.

This.

What we had was not a fortuitous collection of free agents. It was a young team growing together, and sparked by a change to the coaching staff.

The GM shows promise, which gives confidence in the draft and any FA work. And the new HC has barely had time to get the team moving the way he wants them.

Sure, injury and bad luck can derail any team for a year. But the last nine years are behind us. We are back, and we are contenders.
It couldnt have been set up any better than it was for us this year. #2 seed and having the 15-1 top seed knocked off for us wont be happening every year. Our D may or may not be the same next year with Goldson and Rogers up in the air (as well as Brooks). We have a much tougher schedule next year as well. I expect to make the playoffs but to expect being in the NFCC year in and year out is silly. The packers couldnt get back to the championship game, the Saints havent been back since they won it all, Steelers werent back. This was our year, not saying its our only shot but it was set up perfectly for us. That wont happen in the future.
Originally posted by English:

This.

What we had was not a fortuitous collection of free agents. It was a young team growing together, and sparked by a change to the coaching staff.

The GM shows promise, which gives confidence in the draft and any FA work. And the new HC has barely had time to get the team moving the way he wants them.

Sure, injury and bad luck can derail any team for a year. But the last nine years are behind us. We are back, and we are contenders.

we're not exactly a super young team, theres younger teams with promise, like seattle, but what we do have is one of the most home grown rosters in the league i think theres only 2 or 3 teams with more players on their roster that they drafted then we have. most of our good players are entering their 6th 7th and 8th seasons
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Life goes on, man.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
It couldnt have been set up any better than it was for us this year. #2 seed and having the 15-1 top seed knocked off for us wont be happening every year. Our D may or may not be the same next year with Goldson and Rogers up in the air (as well as Brooks). We have a much tougher schedule next year as well. I expect to make the playoffs but to expect being in the NFCC year in and year out is silly. The packers couldnt get back to the championship game, the Saints havent been back since they won it all, Steelers werent back. This was our year, not saying its our only shot but it was set up perfectly for us. That wont happen in the future.

No disrespect but you have no idea what the future holds, and neither does anyone else, and you had no idea we would have made it as far as we did in '11. All I'm saying is that we will be extremely competitive and will remain in the top 2-3 teams in the NFC. Yeah it was set up well for us this year but our own mistakes led to us losing the NFCCG. A 9-7 team beat a 13-3 team, on the road. Anything can happen once you get to the playoffs.

Not of that means jack s**t when the 2012 season starts. It's a fresh start, for everyone.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

No disrespect but you have no idea what the future holds, and neither does anyone else, and you had no idea we would have made it as far as we did in '11. All I'm saying is that we will be extremely competitive and will remain in the top 2-3 teams in the NFC. Yeah it was set up well for us this year but our own mistakes led to us losing the NFCCG. A 9-7 team beat a 13-3 team, on the road. Anything can happen once you get to the playoffs.

Not of that means jack s**t when the 2012 season starts. It's a fresh start, for everyone.

Yea they vastly outperformed my expectations but it seems like people are calling us locks to be in the NFCC for the next 5 years when i dont think its gonna be that way. NFC is deep right now, and our division is gonna be a whole lot tougher next year. Are we contenders? Yes, i never said they werent.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
In 10 years I'm going to look back on this and it's going sting just as bad. Home game. Perfect night in SF by our standards and for our team. Defense is playing lights out. Game is definitely looking like its in our hands...and then...

This loss was exponentially worse than the NFC Championship game losses to the Cowboys and Packers because at least then we were beat by great teams who were better than us.

I think that's what hurts the most...the better team lost.

Can you guys imagine if it were US playing in the SUPER BOWL today??!?!?!

This really stings. I think you're right...this will sting 10 years from now. There has never been a game I've had less interest in than the one being played today.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
My dad, who is a giants fan, sent me this dumb ass email saying he is disappointed in me cause I said I wasn't watching the game. It was this long ass email to which I wanted to reply 'didn't read'.

don't forget the 'lol.'
I have yet to:

1. Watch any highlights of the game
2. Watch more than 10 seconds of NFL talk on ESPN
3. Turn to NFL Network
4. Look at the boxscore or read the recap from the game

Maybe in a few weeks...but not yet...
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
My dad, who is a giants fan, sent me this dumb ass email saying he is disappointed in me cause I said I wasn't watching the game. It was this long ass email to which I wanted to reply 'didn't read'.

don't forget the 'lol.'

It was such a stupid email. All cause I havent talked to him about the championship game. To prevent getting into a stupid fight I just deleted the email.
Share 49ersWebzone