There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How are you guys doing today?

I'm not watching ESPN for awhile ....but I will read some news on the zone

it's going to be a tough week, but Im also very optimistic for the future, next season we should be able to build on this season and add more pieces to create an explosive offense to go with our defense.

But right now I am so far in the dumps its not even funny , I'm thinking of going home at noon and watch some episodes of "Sanford and Son" or "The Jeffersons" ..I need to at least TRY to cheer up ..
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It sucks, but deep down the ambiguous situation with our offense left a "don't quite deserve it yet" kind of feeling this weekend so it was more accepting fate.

Cannot blame KW for this. Not one bit. If it happened after some great offense, maybe we can pin it on him a bit.....but just like that long snapper that killed it for the Giants in '02, you cannot excuse a major part of your team.

I think what's bothering me more is hearing talk radio bash our WRs and Alex. Bob Papa called our receivers terrible, and the Ross sidekick guy called Alex an average QB over and over.

Await the future. A little upset over the way the Ravens lost.....would have been cheering for them big time. Now stuck with another superbowl I have no real interest in.

Well, maybe KW's fumbles did not happen after great offense, but they happened after GREAT defense, which is why it makes it worse. After the first one, which was really dumbheaded, he was trying to over compensate...anyhow, it is what it is, the better team lost.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Couldn't sleep much really disappointed, but a more sense of optimistic than any year for the last 10 years.

Completely agreed. The fact that I'm not already dreading next season before it starts is a huge boon.
Love my team, very proud of my team.
Very depressed today. we had that game last night. Was able to sleep cause I ran a mile or so after the game, did not sleep well though.
I know players are taking it hard. From what I saw on Twitter, Patrick Willis was up all night.
Slept good...when dozing off..thoughts of the game in and out. It took me about 3 hours to get to bed when the Celtics lost to the Lakers in '10.

Not as excited as last week. Didn't show any emotion when Alex hit VD on that 73 yard strike until VD acted like an idiot then I threw an F bomb his way.

Can the team improve on a 13-3 season?

The offense should improve--there can be very little doubt. So as long as our D & special teams remain as good as they have been and we have no major injuries...we should be good to go.

Great learning experience for the team. Alex should take a cue from Eli on what it means to stand and deliver in the pocket in the face of pressure. Holy damn did we beat the living s**t out of Eli in the 2nd half.
I am worse this morning then I was yesterday. I think yesterday was more being in a state of shock but thruout the night, I tossed and turned with a few nightmares thrown in for good measure and reality just sort of sunk in at the opportunity we just blew. I am with everyone and ultimately very proud of the team but it's hard to be there right now when we were so excuriciating close to the big bowl. I am a wildcat alum with a hefty hatred for the sun devils down here in arizona and to see a former sun devil 'sort a screw me over' like that hurts all the more, any other school and I would have been way more reasonable about it.

zero guarantees in this league, you got to take it when you get it. This was a special season, to expect this again with Alex at the helm for another complete season is asking alot. I am so haunted by watching him sink deeper and deeper in to his shell last night. Overall I am very happy for him as an individual for getting to enjoy some sucess and being the reason we beat the saints, but overall, my opinion on him is unchanged. He's not the guy to hitch your future to but unfortunately, it looks like that's what we are gonna do.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Love my team, very proud of my team.
Very depressed today. we had that game last night. Was able to sleep cause I ran a mile or so after the game, did not sleep well though.
I know players are taking it hard. From what I saw on Twitter, Patrick Willis was up all night.

Saw that too. I'm still depressed, but slowly changing to bitterness. Still can't believe it. Glad to have work all day, so i can focus on something else.
Still very pissed.Doesn't help that i live in new york with all these bandwagon fans.Still hurts but at least it was a great season.Still freakin losing on fumbling a punt really pisses you off.I thought th muffed punt was worse there was no reason in the world why he should've let that ball bounce.
Still sucks. Going to be hard to not watch ESPN and NFL Network for 3 weeks.
bummed. we should have won, we out played them. if it wasn't for two fumbles(muff) the giants would have only scored 10 points.

but i am happy for the season we had. didnt think we could have done this 6 months ago. i think the team will only improve and make another run next year.
Pissed off. Kyle Williams should never return another Punt.
Originally posted by VDSF:
didn't sleep

don't wanna get ready for work

i feel like as if i had a gorgeous wife and she cheated on me with ron jeremy and ran away with em

I've used this "cheating" analogy several times in reference to becoming over-emotionally involved in something you have absolutely no control over, i.e., a sports team. I enjoyed watching the 49ers this year and its unfortunate that they lost, but life goes on. Some fans seem to be more emotionally invested in "their" team than the people actually playing the game, which to me, doesn't make a lot of sense. Ultimately, the 49ers as an organization will determine their success or failure, not any of us "fans".
Originally posted by VDSF:
didn't sleep

don't wanna get ready for work

i feel like as if i had a gorgeous wife and she cheated on me with ron jeremy and ran away with em

I couldn't sleep either.
I feel great considering that this is harbaughs first year and we will have this team for years to come. We can only get better. I feel great about this team. Tough loss but we'll have ours. Godd job 49ers!!!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
This was a tough pill to swallow ...I'm at work, but I dont want to be here

How is everyone doing ? ..anybody feeling as crappy as I am ?

Feeling okay. We had a great run and I expect us to be back in the playoffs for years to come.

No worries... disappointed, but being a grownup about this.