...WR.

yes

F*** YEAH!

My thoughts exactly...
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Still feel empty, I really thought this squad had it in them to #6

THIS SQUAD DOES HAVE IT IN THEM FOR #6 It just didn't happen THIS YEAR.
Originally posted by vikesfan88:
Vikings fan here... I know exactly how you guys are feeling today. Vikings Saints game was exactly like how you guys lost... TURNOVERS plus a loss in OT. If you don't fumble and if your OC takes a shot downfield with 19 seconds left in the 4th, you probably win this game.

It's tough... I got almost no sleep when we lost to the Saints and basically had to listen ESPN talk about their amazing story of being terrible to a SB team. It stung because I knew we were starting to become an older team in the league and knew Favre would never have that type of season again. I think if you guys got to the SB you beat the Pats too, especially with Gronk hurt now. At least with your team, it is relatively young and you are in the NFC West as compared to NFC North. You just need to get a solid # 2 WR and you'll be back here sometime soon, it sucks because it's so hard getting back there but I think you guys can.
Thanks man. I actually felt bad(dont hater 9er brethren) when Anderson missed that FG and then the loss to the Saints. The Vikings were amazing both years. Would have been a much better SB of Denver vs Vikings. Your team has been so close and when that window closes to rebuild its a painful process
I keep reminding myself we were awesome. I'm taking small solace in the fact that we "shoulda woulda coulda". Too be honest. I'll feel better if we can resign the key guys on this team. That's the next step. I know we need to upgrade at wideout. However first we have to secure Smith and Rogers and then some real key role players. I'd like to see those deals done swiftly and hopefully the new cap is big enough to do it. I'd like to have the OPTION to bring everyone on this team back and let them sort it out in training camp with upgrades etc. Not likely to happen though given the cap space/enormity of Smith's and Roger's impending contracts.
It's the first day after the "End of Football Season." I feel great. Lots of other things I can focus on now.

Hey -- look at it this day. In the past nine years? The first day after the "End of Football Season" usually came in late October. This year? Late January. I call that a massive improvement.

This is a young team. Young teams will just KILL you with mistakes. But they also learn from those mistakes and move on. Those young players will eventually mature into professionals that will deliver plenty of big moments in the future.

Kyle Williams is going to be a star for us. Don't count that kid out.

Life goes on. I have fruit trees to graft.
Damn work sucks, there's a handful of sympathetic people, and another handful of hater Raider fans rubbing it in.

Feel a little better than lastnight. Ready for the offseason.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Damn work sucks, there's a handful of sympathetic people, and another handful of hater Raider fans rubbing it in.

What the f do they have to say they did not even make the playoffs. Forget them.
Still feel sick. Everyone around me (Niner fans) keep talking about the game. I just want everyone to stop talking about it..
Devestated by the defeat but really excited for next season. Need to ensure that the defensive personnel remain the same and improve the offence, in particular the WR spots, through FA and/or the draft and we'll have a great chance to be in a position to compete in the Championship game next season. I have complete faith in Baalke/Harbaugh, fully believe they will make the neccesary additions and we'll be right up there again next year.

Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by verb1der:

What the f do they have to say they did not even make the playoffs. Forget them.

seriously, it's a pathetic way to make them feel better about themselves.
I am going to stop watching Sportsnation because Colin Douchebag is retarded. Get your f**king teeth fixed a*****e.
I find myself getting angrier the more I think about it. If Gronkowski doesn't play or is ineffective in the SB, then it's going to make it that much worse, because then I feel we really would have won it all...
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
It's going to be worse throughout the week when I'm watching sportscenter and ESPN....

Not feeling too good, went to bed real late, and haven't spoken much to anyone since the loss.
Can't wait for the draft...I MIGHT watch the SuperBowl but would just assume the season ended today as I'll probably have to avoid sports radio for a couple weeks.

This is one of those 'what if' games that will eat at me for a very long time...very similar to the 90 NFC championship. WHAT IF we did better on 3rd down, WHAT IF we catch one of those two potential picks, WHAT IF we run the ball more in the 4th, WHAT IF Bradshaw's fumble is called a fumble, WHAT IF we don't give it away twice at the end of the game...this one really hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone