There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Returning WR's

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
We shouldn't dump KW over this. Just don't have him returning kicks.

+1 I think he has more talent than Crabtree, atleast he gets open sometimes.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Resign Morgan, resign Ted Ginn as a returner, not WR, trade Crabtree, cut Hastings and Swain.

Sign Bowe, draft a speed receiver or playmaker with the first 2 picks
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Resign Morgan, resign Ted Ginn as a returner, not WR, trade Crabtree, cut Hastings and Swain.

Originally posted by ImaMod:

cant afford Bowe and I doubt he leaves KC...would you let him go?
Our best bet for a #1 WR is the first round of the draft.

Getting a #1 in FA is highly unlikely.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

29th pick tho...
Originally posted by kray28:
Desean Jackson is not #1 receiver either. And he's a poor WCO fit. He's also too small and an injury waiting to happen....especially if you ask him to go over the middle to make catches.

We need to look at larger receivers who can run after the catch. We are running the WCO, right? Well, in the WCO, you throw short to intermediate and let your receiver run after the catch.

+1
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by kray28:
I have a more radical idea....get Peyton Manning.

I don't think you have to do much more....we can keep the receivers we have pretty much. Peyton will make them better.

then we need to get an all pro o line

remember what happened when his o line got injured he had like 2 TD and 8 int over a span of 4 games

Not necessarily. Our line has improved a lot. I blame miscues on o-line were the linemen gelling and Alex Smith getting better. QB's like Payton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers know how to get rid of the ball and when they can hold on to it for a bit longer. The QB is just as important in pass protection as the O-Line IMO.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by RekeHavoc:
The problem with picking a WR in the draft is that most likely he will not be ready to be the receiving threat we need right of the bat. Other than top 10 picks like CJ and AJ Green not many players break out their first season. We need someone who can step in and make a difference. We need a true No.1 option so Crabtree is a No.2. Crabtree and Morgan as a No.3.

I would love to have Vincent Jackson and DeSean Jackson but I don't think the Chargers let VJ go and DJ is too much of a loose nut. Wayne is a good player but it's hard to evaluate him without considering the Manning effect!

No look @ Boldin pick in the 2nd and he came out blazing !

Boldin is the exception not the rule! I can name many more 2nd rounders who took longer to develop or didn't develop at all. Trusting your scouting is one thing but risking a super bowl contention on it is another.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
We shouldn't dump KW over this. Just don't have him returning kicks.

+1 I think he has more talent than Crabtree, atleast he gets open sometimes.

Common man, Crabs was the #10 pick because of the talent he has. He just doesn't seem to want to put in the work necessary to be a top level WR. Williams is a #4 receiver who was being asked to do a lot more than he was obviously capable of. Not hating on Williams, but I think he is what he is and that is a guy who should only get 1 or 2 balls thrown his way a game. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Williams confidence is shattered after that game too. Who knows though what a training camp can do for some of these guys. Alex also sucks azz when throwing to WR's. I swear he is Brady when throwing to Davis and Rattay when throwing to WR's.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

29th pick tho...

see this

Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Hakeem Nicks 29th in 09
Kenny Britt 30th in 09
Reggie Wayne 30th in 01

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gage:

29th pick tho...

see this

Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Hakeem Nicks 29th in 09
Kenny Britt 30th in 09
Reggie Wayne 30th in 01

Desean jackson was a 2nd round pick, Colston was a 6th round pick, Steve Smith was a 3rd round pick, TO was a 3rd round pick

You can find a good receiver at any pick in the draft
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM ]
We will sign Ginn and Morgan. both will be affordable in our cap structure. We will draft a wideout or take a flier on an FA. However there will be some interesting options come the 30th pick. There will likely be a guard, wideout and TE available there. Those are tough calls. If Colby Fleener were available I could see us doing it to get the tripple threat at TE. It would really open up the jumbo package. I'm not sure about the wideouts that will be available at that point. It might be better to go 2nd round or 3rd for that. If there is a good guard on the board that would be something to consider as well.

My issue is that i don't want to take a chance on a kid that could or could not pan out. What this team needs is a proven, polished WR that can step right in and give Alex that WR target he needs. Whether or not they are willing to pony up the money is another thing. Ideally I'd want a WR through FA, then use our 1st and 2nd rounders on a combo of best interior O-lineman/defensive back.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM ]
29th pick tho...
So??? WR is not QB...Like a lot of people mentioned, you can find very good WRs there or even deeper. And contrary to franchise-QBs like Romo or Brady, we are not talking about exceptions to the rule.

AND this year's WR-class is so f... deep so that at 29th there will be sth. interesting to pick.