There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Returning WR's

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
then we need to get an all pro o line

remember what happened when his o line got injured he had like 2 TD and 8 int over a span of 4 games

Our line (when healthy) is pretty good. They should be better with another year of experience next year.
Originally posted by kray28:

remember what happened when his o line got injured he had like 2 TD and 8 int over a span of 4 games

Our line (when healthy) is pretty good. They should be better with another year of experience next year.
also his neck injury

he is basically 1 sack away from paralized

thats why i think hes retiring

They won 10 games for 100 years in a row with Peyton. Indy overcame every single injury you threw at them until Peyton got hurt. I do not dispute that Peyton would put on Niner jersey and our offense would instantly put up 4,500 passing yards.

It's still a dumb idea to sign him though.
i want to draft a WR early, but we also need a FA WR. i don't think colston and meacham return to NO, so one of them would be nice. also a guy like manningham or garcon would be a nice addition.
It's obvious that neither Crabtree, Morgan, or Ginn are #1 WR's. We definately need a #1. D-Jack would be ideal because that would give us 2 guys that can return kickoff/punts. Plus he's from the area and we might get him at a discount. For the first time in a very long time FA are more likely to come here because we are a few pieces away from continuous super bowl contenders.
Originally posted by niners9:
i want to draft a WR early, but we also need a FA WR. i don't think colston and meacham return to NO, so one of them would be nice. also a guy like manningham or garcon would be a nice addition.

garcon would be smart

he isnt a prpemiere WR but a good role WR with decent sizze and hands
Re-sign Morgan, retain Tedd Ginn with all our might, trade Crabtree, and cut everybody else.
Desean Jackson is not #1 receiver either. And he's a poor WCO fit. He's also too small and an injury waiting to happen....especially if you ask him to go over the middle to make catches.

We need to look at larger receivers who can run after the catch. We are running the WCO, right? Well, in the WCO, you throw short to intermediate and let your receiver run after the catch.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Re-sign Morgan, retain Tedd Ginn with all our might, trade Crabtree, and cut everybody else.

If you keep Ginn...it's as a returner, not as a receiver. Let him be the #5 wideout or something.
I far as I am concerned everyone but Morgan and Ginn should be gone. They all underperformed all season. Hell Cruz caught more passes than our whole WR core had totaled in two or three games in just a half of work.
[ Edited by txninerdad80 on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
I would rather us go for another freak TE. They can't even cover VD with a double team deep. Would be awesome to get a 6'5" freak TE to destroy teams alongside Vernon.

Agree and would like me some Fleener (sp) from Stanford. Knows Jim and the offense and would be a very tall target opposite VD.

Then get our #1 wr via FA (Bowe, Meachem or the like)
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
We shouldn't dump KW over this. Just don't have him returning kicks.

This
I still like Williams, and it is unfortunate that he will be the fall guy for this game. Aside from that, I like Williams and Morgan. I wouldn't mind keeping Crabtree, but would not be upset if they got rid of him either. Everyone else is expendable
Hey listen me... We need #1 the wr is Vincent Jackson (SD) and #2 the wr is Marques Colston (NO) that get better much for us than Crabtree! Crabtree is #3 WR! He is not best the #1 and #2 the wr!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Yeah i am thinking about that trade crabtree other team for one 1st round! Crabtree is still suck at playoff!