There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I don't know about everyone else but...

I am so proud of this football team right now. Even though I guess I should be down these guys had an amazing season if you sit back and think about it. Regardless of what happened today we have a young nucleus of players that we will be able to add to in the coming off season and draft and we will improve the weapons for Alex. This is the start of something huge... When everybody said we would be a losing squad we get to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game!!! Great season men and thank you so much for the memories! I had a blast!
Originally posted by SteveMontana49:
I am so proud of this football team right now. Even though I guess I should be down these guys had an amazing season if you sit back and think about it. Regardless of what happened today we have a young nucleus of players that we will be able to add to in the coming off season and draft and we will improve the weapons for Alex. This is the start of something huge... When everybody said we would be a losing squad we get to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game!!! Great season men and thank you so much for the memories! I had a blast!

THIS...and f**k Kyle Williams!
Thanks Steve but I still feel without Williams fumbles we would of beat new England. It really sucks when you know you may of probably lost but in our case I think we would of beat new England. Too many championship losses that should of been wins. This is 2 fumbles in 2 championship games vs the giants
I'm a loyal 49er fan. I may be dissapointed in Kyle Williams, but I still love that reciever! It only gets better. The Draft, and free agency! Who wouldn't want to play for Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers now ? Alex Smith, you are the best in my eyes right now! You did it ! I still think that diva Mike Crabtree has to go! I'd rather keep Kyle Williams ! Anyways, the San Francisco 49ers are the tightest and they represent "Faith!" I'm happy people will remember me as a SF 49er FAN!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
I'm disappointed about the end of the season, but excited for the future.
I'm happy we are relevant again, but crappy play and bad coaching dont get a pass
Originally posted by elguapo:
Thanks Steve but I still feel without Williams fumbles we would of beat new England. It really sucks when you know you may of probably lost but in our case I think we would of beat new England. Too many championship losses that should of been wins. This is 2 fumbles in 2 championship games vs the giants

I understand. I kind of knew something wasn't right when our receivers failed to get open on our final drive in regulation. We were tied and could have won the game at that point... I believe that we couldn't due to sub-par talent at the receiver position which we will improve this off-season.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 307
We were playing with only one credible receiving threat today (Vernon Davis), and we still almost beat the Giants, who steamrolled the 15-1 Packers. Heck, were it not for the 2 gifts that we gave to the Giants, we would probably have ended up beating them. I'm sure with a couple of good WRs, and with Ted Ginn back as the KR/PR man, we will be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs for years to come. We will win at least 1 Super Bowl before the Harbaugh era is over.
Originally posted by Red_Gold18:
I'm a loyal 49er fan. I may be dissapointed in Kyle Williams, but I still love that reciever! It only gets better. The Draft, and free agency! Who wouldn't want to play for Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers now ? Alex Smith, you are the best in my eyes right now! You did it ! I still think that diva Mike Crabtree has to go! I'd rather keep Kyle Williams ! Anyways, the San Francisco 49ers are the tightest and they represent "Faith!" I'm happy people will remember me as a SF 49er FAN!!!
WTF? Are you okay dude? Man on a ledge soesn't come out til Friday. Don't do it.
[ Edited by TDilvr on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM ]
Nice to see a positive post. I'm also very proud of this team, and I love the direction we are going in with Harbaugh. He is the kind of coach that will get the most out of his team every year. We are back to being Super Bowl contenders. This team has the heart, talent, and mental fortitude to come back from this and make a run for the title for the next several years.

Although we did not make it all the way, it was an amazing and totally unbelievable ride while it lasted. Nevertheless, nobody can take away the astonishing win we accomplished against the Saints and we held our own with the Giants. We are a damn good team that should only get better under Harbaugh.
[ Edited by LoboLtnLvr49er on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM ]
I wont be surprised if many feel the same way. Its just not talking that since we got this far.
[ Edited by 4949GdBd on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM ]
Proud as f**k of this team
It was a great season, but I think we are disappointed because most of us felt this was a team of destiny. Everything set up perfect with the home field and the opponent. We were getting to Eli on almost every down in the second half. You can say all the feel good things about Kyle Williams, but he let his team mates down. After the first miscue I was rooting for him to bust one loose and make a play but after the overtime fumble the loss fell squarely on his shoulders.
Agreed