There are 200 users in the forums

While it is fresh in your head, give me your really short list of off season wishes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is going to be VERY hard to resign all of our guys as well as bring in a big name WR. We simply will not be able to afford a top flight receiver. Not only do we have our own guys to resign that may come with some serious price tags (combined), but we also have guys like Bowman and Justin Smith (I want him to retire a 49er) who's contacts will be up within 2 seasons.

Here are my goals, even though they may be a longshot-

Resign Alex Smith for 3-5 years.
Resign Ted Ginn
Resign Dashon Goldson to a longterm deal.
Resign Ahmad Brooks
Resign Ted Ginn
Resign Delanie Walker

Make a play for Robert Meachem in FA. He is a solid WR who will not break the bank.

Expiring Contacts/Cuts?
Chilo Rachal
Parys Haralson- Is there a more underwhelming player on our defense? The cap room we save could be used to resign Ahmad Brooks.

Draft Needs
A receiver that can stretch the field.
An interior lineman for depth. Hopefully Kilgore will be ready to be on the game day roster next year.
Another cornerback. You can never have too many of these. We should probably draft one every year.

I'm curious to know how expensive these wish lists we have are.
WR, WR, WR, WR ....
draft a WR early, sign a legit WR in FA
I forgot to add, we must retain Morgan and also Kyle Williams. As much as anyone wants to make him the scapegoat, the loss is on the offense as much as it is on him. Would people want to get rid of Goldson if he didn't score that TD last week?

Kyle Williams is fine in the 4th or 5th receiver role. A core of Morgan, Crabtree, Meachem ((or other reasonably priced FA WR), a draft pick, and Williams would give Alex Smith some weapons next year that should make this a top 10 offense.
I think it's clear that the team needs weapons at the wr position, pathetic excuse for wr right now. What was it? 1 catch for 3 yards?
my wish list:

bring our entire defense back.
add one more cover corner.
at least two high quality wide receivers.
new punt/kick-off returner.
as for alex smith... sure, unless manning is available
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the only thing i can think about is WR. morgan and crabs can stay but we need a top flight FA or two and a top flight draft pick to develop. f**k not having any receivers, the niners were famous for their QBs and WRs, we need to give Alex some weapons to take some pressure off VD

I would like to see a FB the can be used in the offense as well as Bruce Miller...

BUT WR IS PRIORITY 1
The niners are NOT going to be able to sign everyone on defense. I dont want to be the such a downer when everyone is already feeling crappy but I just dont see how we're going to re-sign so many guys on defense AND bring in a playmaker on offense. Really dont see it. I'm afraid we're going to lose two or more of our guys on defense to FA and that sucks.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
1. Release Kyle Williams

Lol, this
A tall WR pls

Originally posted by NinerG94:
The niners are NOT going to be able to sign everyone on defense. I dont want to be the such a downer when everyone is already feeling crappy but I just dont see how we're going to re-sign so many guys on defense AND bring in a playmaker on offense. Really dont see it. I'm afraid we're going to lose two or more of our guys on defense to FA and that sucks.

If we're going to lose a couple of guys on defense next year then it makes even more sense to get more talent at WR to score more for compensation in the drop off of the defense.
Originally posted by niners94:
Resign Alex.
Resign Goldson.
Resign Josh Morgan.
Draft a couple of wideouts.
Draft a guard.
Cut Kyle Williams.
Cut Chilo.
And retain our whole coaching staff.
Highest priority in the upcoming off-season, I think.
Originally posted by jreff22:
WR...lots of them
resign every defensive FA
resign Alex
more WR's.....I want competition for every spot on this roster
Chilo and Moran can leave
more WR's...guys that can catch punts
+1
1 dump Greg "Raye" Roman
2 evaluate Kyle Williams with a cool head and dump him if it's in the team interest
3 WR's : draft and or FA
4 take a shot at Payton M (highly unlikely)
5 depth on the OL and please replace Rachal ASAP
6 either dixon is good or axe him and draft a power RB as Frank is looking older and heavier (he is in his last two years for sure)
7 sign Ginn and Rogers
Trade Crabtree for a third round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone