LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

While it is fresh in your head, give me your really short list of off season wishes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't lose Fangio especially, and Roman too would be good.

WR - please please please please, people don't forget how long they take to develop. We need to address this in FA and give Crabtree another chance too.
It should be BEST FA available, Crabtree, Morgan
1. Release Kyle Williams
WR...lots of them
resign every defensive FA
resign Alex
more WR's.....I want competition for every spot on this roster
Chilo and Moran can leave
more WR's...guys that can catch punts
Originally posted by danimal:

WR - please please please please, people don't forget how long they take to develop. We need to address this in FA and give Crabtree another chance too.

None of the coordinators are going anywhere, what I'm most worried about are Sealy, Chryst, Donatell, Tomsula and some of the other assistant coaches getting snagged. 49ers have a GREAT coaching staff if they can hold on to everyone. Sealy especially has been huge as the Special Teams was a huge strength for the entire year, compare that to Baltimore's s**tty special teams and you'll see what a big advantage it gave the 49ers.
Sign either:

-Djax
-Vjax
-Colston
-Wayne
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by danimal:

None of the coordinators are going anywhere, what I'm most worried about are Sealy, Chryst, Donatell, Tomsula and some of the other assistant coaches getting snagged. 49ers have a GREAT coaching staff if they can hold on to everyone. Sealy especially has been huge as the Special Teams was a huge strength for the entire year, compare that to Baltimore's s**tty special teams and you'll see what a big advantage it gave the 49ers.

yeah good point. I think that is my real wish, I want little to no coaching turnover this season unless it is a Harbaugh decision
  • dj43
You already got the most important one: wide receiver.

As New York proved with Nicks, Cruz and Manningham, you cannot get by against top competition without MULTIPLE options on the receiving end.

It wasn't that Cruz is indefensible, although he is very good, a big part of it was the fact that Nicks can hurt you as well. Manningham also proved he can play also. By comparison the 49ers have only Crabtree and no one else.

I'm not worried about the off-season. Being an ex-QB, you can bet Harbaugh has already circled the names of half a dozen draft prospects and about that many more FAs that he would like to have on the team next year.

Imagine this team with Nicks and Manningham to go along with Crabtree and Davis. That is the goal for next year.
Re-sign: A. Smith, Rogers, Goldson, Snyder, Morgan, Ginn, Brooks, Costanzo.

Sign FA: Bowe or Colston

Drat: WR #1, another WR in later rounds, CB (maybe 2), OG, OLB, S, and RB.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
Sign either:

-Djax
-Vjax
-Colston
-Wayne

Colston is intriguing because he plays in a similar offense as the 49ers
1. Not losing any of our coaches.
2. Drafting/acquiring a big-play WR. I'm of the opinion that they really don't take that long to develop. Just look at AJ Green and Denarius Moore.
3. Re-sign Rodgers, Goldson and Brooks.

re-sign
alex smith
dashon goldson
ted ginn
Carlos rogers
Adam Snyder
and brooks

sign best fa wr available

draft
wr
cb
s
rb
-Resign Alex
-WR #1 in draft
-Free agent WR
-Resign Goldson
-Resign Rogers
-Resign Morgan
-Oline depth
-secondary depth

In that order.
At least 2 new WR's, maybe 3. An interior lineman and a CB for depth. Bring the entire defense back and add some depth in the draft.
RE SIGN our defense , and get a legit WR
Better WRs'
Share 49ersWebzone