There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

not a good year for our fanbase

Its just going through the motions at the moment, no ones going to do any thing on Williams lawn. When people settle down they'll be looking forward to the offseason like any other.
this is becoming common in all stadiums.

if you don't believe. search youtube.
Just wait until the only people buying tickets are corporate dix- the stadium will be empty unless we are winning and they will the biggest band wagon fans ever. Our new stadium with seats costing well over $150 for an endzone view will be void of any true fans.

Corporations will only buy ticket when we are winning leaving plenty of empty seats for opposing teams fans.
Our fans are crappy. They had over 10000 tickets to sell on stubhub alone.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Cripes, I miss the fan base being notorious for eating brie cheese and swilling Chardonnay.

those people are long dead

Get off my lawn.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This, the Cruz chants were ridiculous for a home playoff game. I feel like the older generation of 49ers fans is being replaced by some really trashy, ghetto f**king people who go out to games looking to start s**t and "rep their crew", its pretty disconcerting.

This isn't something new. Crowd used to chant MOOSE whenever Cowboys were in town. Not to mention those kind of chants happen in every stadium. I do agree that a trashy element has overrun our fan base though.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
From the gangbangers, to the selling of tickets to opposing team fans, to the death threats of players, I am sick of our fan base. We don't deserve a superbowl ring.

It made me sick with the chants of cruz today. I hate our fans.

Were you at the game? Have you ever been to an NFC/AFC Championship game (other than a Niner one) before ?
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Jan 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Cripes, I miss the fan base being notorious for eating brie cheese and swilling Chardonnay.

those people are long dead

Get off my lawn.

We're not dead. We watch at home now more on our big screens. Some of us are looking forward to seeing them play live again at classier digs after they move out of the ghetto.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Were you at the game? Have you ever been to an NFC/AFC Championship game (other than a Niner one) before ?
No, But I have been to many 49er games over the years. I have seen the change in our fan base, and it is disgusting.

And don't compare our team to other teams. The 49ers used to be the class of the NFL. That went to the organization, and the fans.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM ]
basically turning into raider fans.
I don't hate our fans, I just think some people get way too emotional about the game, to the point they get neurotic. I mean, after the game, there were a bunch of F*** Williams threads or posts on this board. Here is a kid who is not even the normal return guy being trashed by fans. It is like a backup long snapper being insulted for a poor snap.

The people who lost their minds maybe feel ashamed of themselves at this point. Hopefully. If not, I hope they live far away from me. All fans need to make sure they keep it all in perspective.
LOL @ Niner fan class warfare.
Im not ashamed for being a Niner fan... I would never do something as stupid as that and threatened someone over that just shows how desensitized this world has become... But whom ever is partaking in that kind of slander should be ashamed of themselves and if Im not mistaken terrorist threats is 4 to 6 years behind bars. Wise up people. That lose hit me hard as a fan but we are talking about a human being and his life is not even close to being invaluable because of that. Plus you dont think K. Williams understands what mistake he made by not covering up the ball. Im pretty sure that fumbled play will haunt him for a very long time... but the good news is that this mistake should improve his game play and hopefully wont be a repeat offender in fumbling the ball in a big game.

Red and Gold all day
[ Edited by Constantine on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:45 PM ]
Can't stereotype and entire fanbase because of a few idiots and isolated incidents. When we move to Santa Clara there will be no more incidents. This is going to sound harsh, but the trouble makers will be priced out. This was a great year for our team and fanbase. Hopefully next year will be the same. Also, hopefully less opposing fans will be at our house.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
From the gangbangers, to the selling of tickets to opposing team fans, to the death threats of players, I am sick of our fan base. We don't deserve a superbowl ring.

It made me sick with the chants of cruz today. I hate our fans.

This, the Cruz chants were ridiculous for a home playoff game. I feel like the older generation of 49ers fans is being replaced by some really trashy, ghetto f**king people who go out to games looking to start s**t and "rep their crew", its pretty disconcerting.

I cannot agree more.

I'm with you on this!!!!