There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

You guys still think it's not important to have TED GINN on this team?

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Why does SyberKriminal have two accounts

He doesn't
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Lets sign Desean Jackson he's a great return man and WR

I don't recall people saying he wasn't important. They said he was a bad receiver, and that's a fact. Great return man tho. Could have used him today.
Could have used him for the simple reason that he could have been trusted to not cough the ball up.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't recall people saying he wasn't important. They said he was a bad receiver, and that's a fact. Great return man tho. Could have used him today.

True. It sucked having to rely on his butterfinger hands- because of injuries- as anything more than a returner. Still, unless you get desean there's no way we let ginn go.

I've seen a lot of posters that hate on desean for his attitude about his lack of contract, but at the same time there's no proof that he's a locker room cancer like some make him out to be. His team mates want him back for a reason.

Take all the creative things we did to take advantage of ginn's speed and double it with desean because of his vertical abilities and hands.
Being a good/reliable returner is not sufficient justification for continued employment btw. Ginn is pretty good, but it's not like he's Devin Hester.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
I've said to all my buddies from the beginning, and to anyone who's ever told me Ted Ginn ain't good. He is an important part to a team, he changes games himself. Dude is money on special teams, and is an okay WR.

Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Lets sign Desean Jackson he's a great return man and WR

Originally posted by BROWN:
I've said to all my buddies from the beginning, and to anyone who's ever told me Ted Ginn ain't good. He is an important part to a team, he changes games himself. Dude is money on special teams, and is an okay WR.

I agree.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BROWN:

I agree.
+ 2
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
All year long WZers have been talking smack... "He's a bad WR." "Anybody can return the ball."

Well how does that look now? I stuck up for Ginn all season long. He is SURE HANDED and one of the best return men in the game for speed. We NEED TED GINN BACK! It's not optional.

To be realistic, he was a MESS with the turnovers returning punts in Miami... So much so that they took the job away from him even though they didn't have a suitable replacement (and then traded him for a 5th round pick to boot). I don't know if it's been that he's actually gotten better, or just good luck, that it hasn't happened here.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Last night I told everyone at my house multiple times even before the OT fumble that Ginn had earned a big contract offer from us simply by not playing. It was the ultimate lesson how important a dependable return is, even if the bad miscommunication in the secondary causing us to lose 2 INTs, the bad forward progress call, and the inconsistent play calling we still had a shot to win had we had a dependable return man.
as much as I love Ginn as a RETURNER I'd be looking to upgrade to someone who can contribute in the passing game as well (return skills, and GOOD HANDS)

easier said than done. We could do worse than Ginn, but if we're able to upgrade I wouldn't mind us not resigning him, we need consistent playmakers at WR, and he just isn't one
Originally posted by sfout:
Last night I told everyone at my house multiple times even before the OT fumble that Ginn had earned a big contract offer from us simply by not playing. It was the ultimate lesson how important a dependable return is, even if the bad miscommunication in the secondary causing us to lose 2 INTs, the bad forward progress call, and the inconsistent play calling we still had a shot to win had we had a dependable return man.

Very true. Ginn should send Kyle a big thank you card because he will now get a bigger contract than before. Pay Ginn!
SD...I agree with you, wholeheartedly. Sometimes we take what Ginn does for granted...yesterday was a good example of why it's important we keep him. Williams is normally sure-handed, but maybe it was his lack of time at the position that led to his mistakes. Unlike some zoners, it was one bad game, and no reason to crucify the guy. He's arguably a better receiver than KR, but just the reverse is true of Ginn. TG did make some significant progress this season as a receiver...maybe another year in Harbaugh's system will yield even better results.