LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Congratulations to the San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
great year guys!! big time unexpected leap forward
Proud of the niners, couldnt have asked for a better season
Yes...great season, except for the end.
Awesome
The future is bright, its good to be a niners fan.
man right now its hard to be happy. in a day or 2 though when the initial sting from this loss kinda wears off, i will look back and be VERY PROUD of this season. 6-10 to 13-3 with a rookie coach in a lockout shortened off season. 8 pro bowlers, 5 all pro players, and lead the nfl in a lot of defensive categories.
Great year, very memorable year, one that we will likely remember for as the start of a new era, but......

This hurts. Big time. To know that you were two unlucky plays away from the Biggest Sports game ever, a shot at the Lombardi Trophy, to upset the Patriots at Indianapolis...two unlucky plays.

I don't even really blame Kyle Williams. It was very bad luck, IMO. He was trying to get out of the way on the first one when it hit his knee, but he was trying to and the ball bounced right into his knee. 99 times out of a hundred, that ball doesn't hit the returner, but it happened to Kyle, unfortunately. The second one was a great play by the Giants special teamer, and the weather also didn't help us at today ( evident by the passing game, receivers not being able to separate on the field, we are not a good/experienced team in bad weather).

Nonetheless, it was a great season, hopefully just the start of things. But I really don't know how many chances you get to get to the NFC Championship game. The nature of the game has great teams lose in the playoffs or not even make it to the playoffs. It's happened before each and every year, you saw it from the Packers this year, the Patriots for the past 4 years...You just never know when the next time it will be for us to do it again, to be here on the last step before the Superbowl.

In Harbaugh I Trust. I trust he will have this team prepared and ready and improved, along with new acquisitions through free agency, since big time free agents will likely want to come here. I hope the Niners get someone like Mike Wallace, that would take this offense to the NEXT level. With more time to install this massive offense, and hopefully a change of philosophy once we get better receivers, this offense will make this a truly COMPLETE team.

My BOLD PREDICTION FOR NEXT YEAR: Niners versus Giants once again in the NFC Championship game. And guess who I predict to win.....

GREAT THINGS TO COME.
My prediction for next year. We beat the Packers and the Giants to get a sixth against the Pats
Good f**king season, MY only hope at the end of the season was to not be one and done. We won, our first game, and made a good shot at the second. If not for Alex smith throwing at people's knees, and running for his life THE WHOLE GAME, goldson running into everyone when they are about to make an INT, and the two fumbles......

Next year if we fix the secondary, and the Oline things could be interesting, except we wont be surprising anyone.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Good f**king season, MY only hope at the end of the season was to not be one and done. We won, our first game, and made a good shot at the second. If not for Alex smith throwing at people's knees, and running for his life THE WHOLE GAME, goldson running into everyone when they are about to make an INT, and the two fumbles......

Next year if we fix the secondary, and the Oline things could be interesting, except we wont be surprising anyone.

We have a tough schedule next year. Especially on the road against N.O, NE, GB and NYJ.
But 6 of our front 7 will be back for sure next year.
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM ]

Originally posted by dhp318:
A cleverely disguised Kyle Williams bash thread. Nice.

Somebody called him Buckner by the Bay. Clever.
Although the season ended abruptly . . . . boy what a ride. From Ginns 2 return TDs to start our new coach on the winners list, taming the Lions at FF, beating the Giants at home, destroying the steel curtain, winning our division, defeating the record setting Saints . . . . . proud to be a fan of the San Francisco 49ers. no one has it better than us next season!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Great year, very memorable year, one that we will likely remember for as the start of a new era, but......

This hurts. Big time. To know that you were two unlucky plays away from the Biggest Sports game ever, a shot at the Lombardi Trophy, to upset the Patriots at Indianapolis...two unlucky plays.

I don't even really blame Kyle Williams. It was very bad luck, IMO. He was trying to get out of the way on the first one when it hit his knee, but he was trying to and the ball bounced right into his knee. 99 times out of a hundred, that ball doesn't hit the returner, but it happened to Kyle, unfortunately. The second one was a great play by the Giants special teamer, and the weather also didn't help us at today ( evident by the passing game, receivers not being able to separate on the field, we are not a good/experienced team in bad weather).

Nonetheless, it was a great season, hopefully just the start of things. But I really don't know how many chances you get to get to the NFC Championship game. The nature of the game has great teams lose in the playoffs or not even make it to the playoffs. It's happened before each and every year, you saw it from the Packers this year, the Patriots for the past 4 years...You just never know when the next time it will be for us to do it again, to be here on the last step before the Superbowl.

In Harbaugh I Trust. I trust he will have this team prepared and ready and improved, along with new acquisitions through free agency, since big time free agents will likely want to come here. I hope the Niners get someone like Mike Wallace, that would take this offense to the NEXT level. With more time to install this massive offense, and hopefully a change of philosophy once we get better receivers, this offense will make this a truly COMPLETE team.

My BOLD PREDICTION FOR NEXT YEAR: Niners versus Giants once again in the NFC Championship game. And guess who I predict to win.....

GREAT THINGS TO COME.

How does Kyle Williams get away from the first punt when he is running towards it? He should have stayed way clear of that.
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Thank you for making this season memorable.

I'm looking forward to next year!!!

Go 49ers!!!!

Originally posted by Maui9er:
Thank you to Jed York for releasing us from our six years of Nowin/Singleberry torture, and hiring Baalke and Harbaugh.
Thank you Trent Baalke for hiring Harbaugh, a very good draft, and free agency.
Thank you Jim Harbaugh for putting together a great coaching staff, and completely changing the culture of the 49ers.
Thank you to all of the assistant coaches, trainers, scouts, and staffers
Thank you to all the players, offense, defense, special teams.
Thank you all for the best season since our last SB victory!!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha

This x 10!! And I fixed the last part.
Share 49ersWebzone