LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

If Justin Smith maintains this level of play for another 4-5 years does he get in the HOF?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Justin Smith maintains this level of play for another 4-5 years does he get in the HOF?

I think it would be close he would have racked up around 8 pro bowl seasons at that point
if he plays at this level for 5 more years we'll win 5 more super bowls, so, yes.
I don't know if he has 5 years left in him I hope so tho
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
if he plays at this level for 5 more years we'll win 5 more super bowls, so, yes.

This
Yes if he keeps getting Pro Bowl nods, and he has his impressive start streak.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Is there a better 3-4 DE in the game? I don't know enough about other teams to answer it...

I'm hoping Aldon Smith gives J Smith a new lease on life, taking some pressure off. These guys are guna be a fun tandem to watch for years.
Why does he have to do it for 5 more years? What's wrong with his body of work right now?
I don't trust or respect the HOF voters enough to get it right for any worthy player. I've witnessed a lifetime of butchery to be convinced otherwise.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why does he have to do it for 5 more years? What's wrong with his body of work right now?

A lack of playoff appearances or championships will hold him back. Hopefully that changes this year.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

A lack of playoff appearances or championships will hold him back. Hopefully that changes this year.

There are guys who haven't made the championship who made the hall of fame. He was on horrible teams. Not his fault. He was on the Cincinnati Bengals. The freakin Bengals. And they sucked in those years. Then he is under NoWin and SingleBrainCell. Not much better I'd say. If not worse. He's had 1 year of a good coach and good team in his life and look where they are...

That seems a lot to ask. Guy has already put in a great deal during his career.

He deserves it.
Needs to win a SB. I don't think he's a first-ballot guy just because of the lack of sack-stats. It's just the nature of the beast, considering who votes.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Needs to win a SB. I don't think he's a first-ballot guy just because of the lack of sack-stats. It's just the nature of the beast, considering who votes.

Yeah they really need to take into factor a guy who is a DE in a 3-4 scheme as compared to somebody running a wide 9 in a 4-3 scheme.
One superbowl should do it...he has the individual stats hands down, just needs the big one to make that splash with the voters.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
I don't trust or respect the HOF voters enough to get it right for any worthy player. I've witnessed a lifetime of butchery to be convinced otherwise.

This. All of those sportswriters talk like they get the game, but they go on stats and Pro Bowls. J Smith doesn't get a ton of sacks for a "DE," even though his numbers are ridiculous for a DE in a 3-4. I doubt they would go back to look at the tape to see his every-play physical dominance, unless someone like Sando (who has a vote) brings in some footage to show, and he has been busy trying (unsuccessfully) to get Cortez (fat b*****d) Kennedy in the Hall.
Share 49ersWebzone