LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

Giants' Rolle: 49ers' V.Davis asks for trouble

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i find it amusing how when i first joined i had no freakin clue what buzz ever said, and now i can read it flawlessly and understand him
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Vernon Davis must a beast because he is too thick and too strongest the plays football. He can breaking the tackle and go run the td! Go Vernon Go! Go beat the Giants! Do it! Come on Boy!

at least you got the smilies right
Vernon Davis must a beast because he is too thick and too strongest the plays football. He can breaking the tackle and go run the td! Go Vernon Go! Go beat the Giants! Do it! Come on Boy!

What part of that isn't true. V. Davis is a beast when he has the ball in his hands.
Originally posted by THEB:
i find it amusing how when i first joined i had no freakin clue what buzz ever said, and now i can read it flawlessly and understand him

Originally posted by calinig4life:

What part of that isn't true. V. Davis is a beast when he has the ball in his hands.

i will let you know when i finish articulating what he just said
Well lets see...

"After being out of football in 2003, Coughlin was named the 16th head coach of the New York Giants on January 6, 2004.

Coughlin inherited a team that finished 4–12 in 2003, but led the Giants to a surprising 5–2 start in his first season as head coach. After back-to-back losses, in which veteran quarterback Kurt Warner struggled, left the Giants at 5–4, Coughlin made the decision to bench Warner and start New York's highly touted rookie quarterback, Eli Manning. Coughlin received criticism from some who felt the move amounted to a surrender of the 2004 season when the Giants were still in playoff contention. The Giants would go on to lose six of the seven games started by Manning, who struggled in his rookie season."

So let me break it down for you since you dont seem very smart.

In their first seasons as head coaches:
Coughlin: Inherited a 4-12 team and took them to a whopping 6-10. Thats a swing of +2

Harbaugh: Inherited a 6-10 team and took them to 13-3 and into the NFC Championship (...and still going) That is a swing of +7

By my math, Harbaugh is exactly 3.5 times better than Coughlin was at this point in his career, and we can round that to 4 times better if you want to count the 1 playoff win he has.

Now shut up because you are WRONG and i just showed you why.

So who ever had the best first year is the better coach. Coughlin is a great coach. Harbaugh may be there one day, but one year DOES NOT eclipse years of good work.
yeah i completely forgot about that for some reason.

Just looked and he went 4-12 his first season with the jags. Thats even worse.

They were a expansion team.

How many expansion teams have winning records? None
Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN516:
Well lets see...

"After being out of football in 2003, Coughlin was named the 16th head coach of the New York Giants on January 6, 2004.

Coughlin inherited a team that finished 4–12 in 2003, but led the Giants to a surprising 5–2 start in his first season as head coach. After back-to-back losses, in which veteran quarterback Kurt Warner struggled, left the Giants at 5–4, Coughlin made the decision to bench Warner and start New York's highly touted rookie quarterback, Eli Manning. Coughlin received criticism from some who felt the move amounted to a surrender of the 2004 season when the Giants were still in playoff contention. The Giants would go on to lose six of the seven games started by Manning, who struggled in his rookie season."

Coughlin: Inherited a 4-12 team and took them to a whopping 6-10. Thats a swing of +2

Harbaugh: Inherited a 6-10 team and took them to 13-3 and into the NFC Championship (...and still going) That is a swing of +7

By my math, Harbaugh is exactly 3.5 times better than Coughlin was at this point in his career, and we can round that to 4 times better if you want to count the 1 playoff win he has.

So who ever had the best first year is the better coach. Coughlin is a great coach. Harbaugh may be there one day, but one year DOES NOT eclipse years of good work.

you wouldn't have a coach right now if Dallas wasn't as worse then you guys
Originally posted by HessianDud:
expansion team. the next year they went 9-7 and played in the AFC championship game.

he's a good coach, man. Harbaugh is better, right now, IMO, but Coughlin is no slouch.

Whats the difference between an expansion team and a team installing a completely new system with completely new staff and no offseason?

The difference is our coach is better.

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
coughlin will be out after Sundays loss. He's been hanging onto a thread for a few years now. I hear Ericksonn is available lol.

lol you a fool if u think Coughlin is going anywwhere
Well lets see...

I actually agree with the NYGiants fan here. You can't discount Coughlin as a coach. He has won a SB with his team and that says a lot...

We're still gonna kick the NYGiants butt this Sunday though!

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

But they did and we have won our way here..

Dont be scared holmes, the Giants are coming. Nothing you can do about it..

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

You're funny.

"Don't be scared"......gtfoh wit sh!+ lol. We'll see what time it is when da games ova.

Scared?...i'm not the one on another teams board....Don't need to be
Originally posted by Red_Gold18:
I hate when people say the 49ers are playing "The new Giants!" Seriously? This is the same Giants I've been seeing. They started really putting up points against the Falcons in the 4th quarter (last second)..... Green Bay beating theirselves (fumbles and drop passes)

NewsFlash, you're playing the new 49ers. Who, even us fans, have seen the new era 49ers play that hard like they did against the Saints!? NOBODY!!!!!

Legit.
Share 49ersWebzone