LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

If Ginn Can't Play, Should We Try and Re-sign Braylon Edwards?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i rather have brett swain than edwards
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
The offense has clicked much better since they let Braylon Edwards go. Hopefully Delanie can go, and go well, on Sunday.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
More Delanie Walker.

This
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
More Delanie Walker.

This

Week 10 vs Giants Walker lead the team with 6 catches for 69 yards
Ginn came very close vs the Giants to breaking a few TD's, its a big loss, but the 49ers are not going to sign a new player for Sundays game, someone is going to have to step up.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
fuk no
no. that's a burnt bridge. But we are definitely hurting in the WR dept. Good thing we get D.Walker back. Crabs or Williams need to have a breakout game.
Ahhh, NO! I would expect Braylon would have no interest in returning to the team that cut him. TO is not an option either.

The reality is that Smith doesn't throw to receivers he doesn't trust - so any new addition wouldn't make a difference. (I think getting Morgan back next year will make a big difference in our passing game - Smith trusts throwing to him.) The players we have will have to step up.

CRABTREE has to step up this game - his drops last game on short throws were not good. He needs to get back in sync with Smith quickly.

DW may suit up, almost as a gameplan decoy, but I doubt he will play or be targetted much. IF they make the superbowl, then he would have two weeks to get back in the groove.

Once again this points to offseason priorities -- WR and RG.
with walker and ginn out

if crabtree doesnt step up we lose

they wil double VD all day

• cciowa
  • Veteran
for gods sake no. Why in the world do some people just beat the drum to bring in x 49ers.This goes back to people wanting jamie winborn back, owens, manny lawson, jason hill. God people, they are x niners for a reason, I do not know what that reason is and frankly we should not know why.Any time we have an opening on our team, the first thing many people do is to clammer to bring back an x niner.Why? they are gone for a reason.Walker can more than take up the slack for ginn and crabtree will not have two bad games in a row.I will just never understand why so many always want to bring back x niners.We never have and we never will cuz there is a reason why they are gone. the chemistry is so good right now, do not mess it up.
Originally posted by cciowa:
for gods sake no. Why in the world do some people just beat the drum to bring in x 49ers.This goes back to people wanting jamie winborn back, owens, manny lawson, jason hill. God people, they are x niners for a reason, I do not know what that reason is and frankly we should not know why.Any time we have an opening on our team, the first thing many people do is to clammer to bring back an x niner.Why? they are gone for a reason.Walker can more than take up the slack for ginn and crabtree will not have two bad games in a row.I will just never understand why so many always want to bring back x niners.We never have and we never will cuz there is a reason why they are gone. the chemistry is so good right now, do not mess it up.

Well said.
I doubt TO woulda have to learn the entire playbook...
He wouldn't have to be an every down player, just as Ginn isn't really considered one, especially with Walker returning.
I'd say bring him in, he clearly has a general respect for what our team represents and wants to be with us. Really can't hurt at this point.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
with walker and ginn out

if crabtree doesnt step up we lose

they wil double VD all day

Two completely different teams from when they played back in the regular season. They are healthier but so are we. Gore will actually be a factor, and remember how the first Giants came was Alex's coming out party where the gameplan finally put the ball in his hands... watch the opposite happen and run it down their throats. This game has the feeling of an oldschool throwback game, 17-13 Niners.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Perfect

Don't you mean

Share 49ersWebzone