LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

If Ginn Can't Play, Should We Try and Re-sign Braylon Edwards?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Ted Ginn is unable to practice or play this week, I'm really concerned about our wide receiver depth vs. the Giants. Bret Swain doesn't seem to be able to get open, and Joe Hastings was non-existent in the Rams game (against a bad secondary), and has no experience at this level. I'm wondering if we'd be better off trying to re-sign Edwards for this week's game? He's had three more weeks to recover from his injuries, and he did seem like he was going to be productive until he went down in the Cowboys game. If he has regained his quickness, he may be a better option than Hastings for this week (assuming he is willing to come back). What do you all think?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I'd rather have T.O. than Braylon.

[ Edited by Garcia on Jan 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM ]
lol, Jesus NO
for what? Offensive holding calls?
no. Hastings will be active if Ginn isn't.

looks like Delanie will be back though, so our passing game shouldn't be hurt too much.
Originally posted by Garcia:

I don't think T.O. can learn the offense in 4 days.
edwards is injured the reason why we cut him in the first place plus he wasnt doing much look at the stats vd and crabs split the catches with williams coming in with a catch every now and then they wont sign a wr just for this game prob call up hastings
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:

I don't think T.O. can learn the offense in 4 days.

Whitner already gave him the playbook
I thought you can't sign players after the playoffs start unless they're on your practice squad......isn't that why we saved walker a spot.

• vaden
  • Veteran

Hell yes, bring the man back!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Perfect
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Perfect