LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

The way I saw it....
1. Saints
2. Giants
3. Lions
4. Packers

That's the order of which teams I feared most going into the playoffs.
After knocking off the Saints I'm fully confident we can win, but It's not going to be an easy game.
I am a little more confident than the Saints game and I was 57-43 on them. Now, I am 60-40 against the giants.
50-50 on the Saints game.

70-30 on the Giants game.

As long as Fangio doesn't do any more cute safety blitzes to let them back in the game, I expect to handle them.
The Giants made some good plays but the Packers really blew it. They missed alot of passes that would have been long gains. The Packers looked like they were not very confident playing today. They didn't put much pressure on Eli and that is what the 9ers have to do to win this Sunday.
IMO, the Giants represent the toughest matchup of the remaining teams left. Our biggest advantage is that NY has played more games this post season and the travel factor. It could very well be that the 49ers are a force that will not be stopped.
The biggest thing that worries me against the Giants is that it's really hard to beat a good team twice. They're going to be extra motivated to beat us after we won the last game.

Both teams are coming off of emotional wins, and it's hard to get fired up like that again the following week. Our stadium will be jumping, so our players will be able to feed off of that energy.

Also, hopefully we get Walker back for this one(some of his Twitter posts seem to indicate he thinks he's playing), which we're going to need if Ginn can't go.

I'm through doubting, though. This team has me believing we will find a way.

The road to the Superbowl goes through Candlestick, and ends there for those dressed in anything but 49er gold. Bring on the Giants!
Don't know how it will turn out. Hard to tell in the playoff. Anything can happen, especially when the team is evenly matched like the 9ers and Giants. It will be a good game. I know one thing. I feel good about our defense and the way this whole team have played to win all throughout the year. The last thing I want to see is the presentation of the Conference trophy presented to the Giants and Eli in the Stick.
If it weather forecast holds true, it will be a slow and slippery field. That goes to our advantage. The field will negate the speed of the Giants receivers and we'll have a lot of time to get to Eli. We'll dominate. Big day for Gore, Hunter, and Dixon.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Neither team is the same as they were in week 10.

Very tough to pick. I think Vegas has it right. Pretty much a pick'em
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I also think the NFC Championship is the real Superbowl. Both the Niners and Giants are better on a neutral field than either of the AFC teams.

Originally posted by okdkid:
I also think the NFC Championship is the real Superbowl. Both the Niners and Giants are better on a neutral field than either of the AFC teams.

the patriots are f**king legit though

uh...the Ravens raped our OL and New England is absolutely legit.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Surprised that most chose somewhat. Good to see we are being level-headed. Like everyone else, I wanted to play the Giants, even though I didn't think the Packers were any better. I admit I feel like we're jinxed in Lambeau. But after seeing how the Giants dominated that game, I wish we were playing the Packers. The fact that we beat the Giants in November only makes me less confident.
  • vaden
  • Veteran

ITA. Said before the playoffs that any of the top 4 NFC seeds would win the SB.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

the patriots are f**king legit though

That offense is legit. That defense is statistically one of the worst in NFL history.
Share 49ersWebzone