There are 511 users in the forums
The 12 Men in the Huddle
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,114
I thought there was only 11 on the field when they called the 12 men in huddle, another blunder by the refs, but hey it setup a big Alex Smith TD run, cant be mad about that.
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM
- RonMexico
- Moderator
- Posts: 80,122
u sure?
I didnt rewatch but I thought I counted 11 once the 12th left, 1 guy was leaning over kinda hidden
but ya if there was only 10-11 thats retarded
I didnt rewatch but I thought I counted 11 once the 12th left, 1 guy was leaning over kinda hidden
but ya if there was only 10-11 thats retarded
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:35 PM
- LaMattsBlue
- Member
- Posts: 27,765
Anyone else back this up? If true and I were the 49ers I would be contacting the league asking them wtf was up with the reffing.
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM
- SS2K8
- Veteran
- Posts: 681
it looks like 10 in the huddle but there's one guy thats leaned over and kind of hidden
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM
- phillychi
- Veteran
- Posts: 10
I did hear Harbaugh yelling there were only ten but I couldn't count them myself so hopefully someone can verify. The league should definitely be contacted about that.
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM
- kingairta
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,788
Something about that huddle looked odd. Maybe it was when they were pushing peale out of the huddle it led to the illusion. At the time it looked like a legit penalty to me.
Jan 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM
- PSYKO5
- Veteran
- Posts: 159
Parry and his crew should get jumped in a dark alley somewhere...
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM
- linkboy
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,292
There's 12. One of the linemen was hunched over, so you can't see him.
Jan 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM
- JayDAche
- Veteran
- Posts: 736
I don't think they could exactly challenge a penalty or anything..
When Smith tried to run out of the huddle and our other player ran back to the sidelines it automatically triggered the flag.
Granted they should have counted the players even after throwing the flag...
When Smith tried to run out of the huddle and our other player ran back to the sidelines it automatically triggered the flag.
Granted they should have counted the players even after throwing the flag...
Jan 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM
- niners4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,193
I just watched a replay of it and there were 12 players in the huddle. It's hard to see but jonathan goodwin is hunched over in the middle of the huddle.
Jan 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM
- TheRambler
- Veteran
- Posts: 38,350
we won so who gives a sh*t
Jan 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM
- kray28
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,928
I counted 12 before the penalty....Peele went in there, and then nudged Miller to GTFO, and he didn't do it fast enough.
It's a stupid penalty....shouldn't have happened. You can't make basic procedural screwup like that with a playoff game hanging in the balance. It ended up not mattering, but those types of thing would constantly kill us under Singletary.
It's a stupid penalty....shouldn't have happened. You can't make basic procedural screwup like that with a playoff game hanging in the balance. It ended up not mattering, but those types of thing would constantly kill us under Singletary.