There are 181 users in the forums

3rd and 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just stumbled on this thread and find this amazing. All three plays were 3rd and 3, what an incredible coincidence!
If you happen to find yourself in the playoffs vs the 49ers in candlestick, and they are near the endzone and losing in the 4th quarter with little time left, and a 3rd and 3 comes up.... be afraid, be very very afraid.

question anybody know if all 3 catches were in the same endzone?
The Catch III is one of the greatest plays in the history of the franchise, to say otherwise is diminishing a historic moment. No, it didn't lead to a championship last year, but it did make NFL history. The true test is if twenty years from now you remember where you were when this great moment in Niner history was made. Just think about it for a minute, did you ever think Alex Smith would do something no other quarterback in the history of the NFL had ever done? It may not have lead to a championship last year, but it did establish that the Niners are back and a force to be reckoned with. Don't miss out on the present living in the past...
Did Joe overthrew a wide open Freddie Solomon in the end zone there on 1st and 10... Got plenty of time too.

A helluva throw by Joe, even a more amazing catch by Clark.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The Catch III is one of the greatest plays in the history of the franchise, to say otherwise is diminishing a historic moment. No, it didn't lead to a championship last year, but it did make NFL history. The true test is if twenty years from now you remember where you were when this great moment in Niner history was made. Just think about it for a minute, did you ever think Alex Smith would do something no other quarterback in the history of the NFL had ever done? It may not have lead to a championship last year, but it did establish that the Niners are back and a force to be reckoned with. Don't miss out on the present living in the past...

Not sure about the greatest. I think the events leading up to that moment as compared to the other 2 was a lot more dire and improbable. He and the team had just drove 85 yards for a TD in the last offensive drive. To think that he can drove another 85 yards for another TD just minutes apart. There was no one in this world that would believed he can do it. It would be epic even for Joe with his comeback reputation let alone Alex Smith.

Smith and VD -- that was the motherf*cker!!!
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
To think that he can drove another 85 yards for another TD just minutes apart. There was no one in this world that would believed he can do it.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
To think that he can drove another 85 yards for another TD just minutes apart. There was no one in this world that would believed he can do it.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

you believed too, or just saying "hi" ? In either case...
I have to agree that the Young/Owens and Smith/Davis plays were great plays and deserve to be remembered as a two of the best moments in franchise history....but they pale in comparison to "The Catch" and what that single play meant to the 49ers franchise.
Originally posted by BayArea:
If you happen to find yourself in the playoffs vs the 49ers in candlestick, and they are near the endzone and losing in the 4th quarter with little time left, and a 3rd and 3 comes up.... be afraid, be very very afraid.

question anybody know if all 3 catches were in the same endzone?
"The Catch" north end zone
other two TD receptions ( river of tears aka as the crying games l & ll ) south end zone
[ Edited by 16to87 on Jul 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM ]

Bunch of Smith love'n homer I didn't think he can do it. Maybe moved the ball enough for a long Akers field goal to tie the game.
Bunch of Smith love'n homer I didn't think he can do it. Maybe moved the ball enough for a long Akers field goal to tie the game.

Yep, that's me. According to some here, I thinks Alex is teh bestest qwartabak eva!!! Is teh ELITES!

I believed that he could, under the right circumstances but was losing hope that the team would ever develop his talent until JH showed up.

Now I just wonder where his ceiling is and really don't know if he has greatness in him or not. Intelligence? Check! Courage? Check! Strength? Check! Accuracy? Check! Vision? Not sure. Does he see the whole field as well as other QBs? Will see as the year(s) progress.
Not sure about the greatest. I think the events leading up to that moment as compared to the other 2 was a lot more dire and improbable. He and the team had just drove 85 yards for a TD in the last offensive drive. To think that he can drove another 85 yards for another TD just minutes apart. There was no one in this world that would believed he can do it. It would be epic even for Joe with his comeback reputation let alone Alex Smith.

Smith and VD -- that was the motherf*cker!!!

One of the greatest...
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
H = 8
A = 1
R = 18
B = 2
A = 1
U = 21
G = 7
H = 8

2011 = 49ers' 66th season

66 ÷ 2 = 33

ok let me blow your minds....we scored 36 points...and 36 divided by 33 is...............................1.090909090909090909...D'OH....

36 is 3 more than 33!

36 divided by 3 is 13!

Two is the number of minutes left in the game when the drive started. 13 - = 11!
Share 49ersWebzone