LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

REFS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
There was a Randy "Macho Man Savage" elbow dropped on Dixon chin after a play.....also one of our OLine got their head slammed to the turf in a pile around the endzone....

Yeah that was blatant too
I forgot about the PI.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
There was a helmet to helmet tackle on Alex and then running into the kicker on successive plays not called.

Also the play before their 1st TD they fumbled and we didn't challenge.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
For who the Saints???

Never did I see a team NOT get called for one small infraction, even though I spotted numerous penalties by the Saints. They pretty much held Justin Smith almost every other passing play.

I thought Justin Smith was held when he bull rushed the OT & grabbed Brees by the jersey to force a bad throw.
how bout the play when justin smith got bear hugged and still pulled down brees. there were so many holds i stopped counting. it was ridiculous.
Originally posted by towinn:
how bout the play when justin smith got bear hugged and still pulled down brees. there were so many holds i stopped counting. it was ridiculous.

Yep. Just saw that on highlights. The tackle tackled Justin.
To be fair, the refs didn't flag us for a holding penalty either, so they were taking a pretty hands off approach regarding that.

They did blow some other call though.
Originally posted by diablo:
Saints had zero penalties for zero yards.

The NFL needs to fire these refs or at least review all the miscalls!

I was at the game so I didn't always have the best views or replays. It really looked shady live...

When we had the "delay of game call" - The clock in the stadium still showed 25 seconds the entire time!!
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Other then that bogus PI call, I actually thought they called a good game.

just about had a gaddam aneurysm on that one. tho i do think apart from that it was OK, i will say its pretty facking incredible that they had NO PENALTIES AT ALL

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diablo:
Saints had zero penalties for zero yards.

Now that Ive read all these, its all come back in my head .............0 f**king penalties!!!
Originally posted by jimrat201:
We got lucky on that one for sure, Saints could have been called for a helmet to helmet on a sack but other then that I was too jacked to notice anything else lol

The one where Bowman pushed their FB in the back I think he did it because as the FB got up he reached his arm backwards and grabbed Bowman's facemask. There were a bunch of calls that could have been called on both sides but I am glad they held back because this is the playoffs. I thought we were in trouble early on the PI. He didn't have his head turned but not enough for a 3rd down call to give them 20 some yards and put them at like the 10 or whatever. They backed off after that. I would think Justin should have had a bunch of offensive holding calls but that's every game... he's fair game to choke, tackle, hold, etc. Looked like the defender grabbed Swain's arm on that late long throw down the sidelines as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by linkboy:
To be fair, the refs didn't flag us for a holding penalty either, so they were taking a pretty hands off approach regarding that.

They did blow some other call though.

ya know, given the circumstances id rather the refs had a hands off attitude and miss things than pull a baltimore on us again.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Do the Saints EVER get called for holding? I don't think they did in the Detroit game either. The P.I. call was atrocious.
I honestly thought they did a good job of just letting the guys play.
Share 49ersWebzone