There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GREEN BAY or NY GIANTS?

GREEN BAY or NY GIANTS?

Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I didn't vote because it don't matter. We can beat either of these teams. I would say, though, that GB hasn't seen us. I'd rather play a team that hasn't seen us. GB hasn't. And like NO they have't played a D like ours all year and it showed.

I think we can beat either team, but our chances in the Stick against Eli and co who are more likely to turn the ball over than Rogers.

Part of me REALLY wants Alex to get the chance to do what he did to Brees to Rogers at Lambeau... that would be awesome, so I won't be dissapointed with either team.

I feel ya. Would rather play at home too. Its just hard to beat a good team twice in the NFL. But I really feel we would beat either team.
Hmmm, not completely certain who I'd rather play. On the one hand, if it is cold and windy and snowy in Lambeau, it might be good to play them there. Their game, based exclusively on their passing attack, is not conducive to that kind of ball. Ya they won the Super Bowl last year, but 2 playoff games were indoors (@ATL, the Super Bowl), and the other 2 they should have lost (they'd have lost to Philly if Akers hit the FG's and they definitely should have lost to Chicago). I don't think Rodgers would have a huge day and we'd certainly shut down their running game. Plus they are horrible at defense. At least in last year's run Matthews and Raji were both playing way better and they had Nick Collins who is an outstanding safety. Now they don't. I think we could score 4 TD's on them, even in the conditions. NYG at least has some great pass rushers, though our o-line usually owns d-lines at home. They'd be incredibly hot though having just won 4 huge games in a row. I think there are a comparable amount of pros and cons to each matchup.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by JayDAche:
I'm going with Green Bay... They are very one dimensional...
We proved we can stop the pass, it's a better matchup for us.

I feel the Giants are the better overall team.

lmao... 40 of 63 for 460 yards and 4 tds... thats not stopping the pass lmao... its the turnovers that saved us

correct this!

Like Alex said, he can throw for as many yards as he wants.
Enough with wanting to "play the best". I don't give a s**t about that. I want to win the Superbowl. And if the best path to the Superbowl is to beat the NYG in San Fran-f**king-cisco...Then I want to play the NYG.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Enough with wanting to "play the best". I don't give a s**t about that. I want to win the Superbowl. And if the best path to the Superbowl is to beat the NYG in San Fran-f**king-cisco...Then I want to play the NYG.

PRECISELY
LOL to anyone who would actually rather play at Green Bay instead of a home game vs the Giants. This is a no brainer. The Niners would be 3-4 point favorites to win against the Giants and 7-8 pt dogs against the Packers. You ALWAYS want to have home field advantage.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LOL to anyone who would actually rather play at Green Bay instead of a home game vs the Giants. This is a no brainer. The Niners would be 3-4 point favorites to win against the Giants and 7-8 pt dogs against the Packers. You ALWAYS want to have home field advantage.

Yeah this. C'mon people.
The Rodgers/Smith match up would obviously be a great story line. But I would much rather play a home against a team we've already beaten than play a dominating Packers team in GB.
With a loud crowd at home, I'll take the Giants please. Neither team will be easy to beat but when you can play at home, you take that everytime.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I'll be rooting for the Giants tomorrow, but I don't think it's a certainty that going to Lambeau would be tougher. The Giants are fully capable of being the best team in the NFL. They just have a lot of head cases and volatility, makes them the hardest team to predict. I think their A game is better than the Packers' A game, and they play better on the road.
All though I would rather play the giants at home, I don't think it matters as this is a team of destiny. The niners are going to win their sixth championship no matter who they play so bring on the packers.
Originally posted by tankle104:
doesnt matter to me.. i want to play greenbay to beat the best and for alex to finally get that monkey off his back bout rodgers.... but id love for it to be a home game against a team we already beat... plus we have so much momentum after this game

This
You always take the home game against the lesser seed. This isn't difficult.
I want to see the 49er's beat the top teams, so the Packers it is.
I've thought a lot about this, and the only reason I choose the Giants is because we play them at home. Other than that I may have to go with the Packers, and the reason is because they are built very similar to the Saints but with a worse defense. The Giants have a defense to match their offense and can put a lot of pressure on Alex. In all honesty though, this team can take on anyone.

Follow me on Twitter: @Sports_Pay
[ Edited by Sports_Pay on Jan 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM ]