LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

When was the last time you were this excited for a 49ers game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Personally, I would have to say back in the NFC Championship game against Dallas during the 94-95 season. How about you?
every year and every game!
last time i felt like this was the last time they were in the playoffs when i worked in a Bar in New jersey surrounded by Giants fans
This is a good thread because its so awesome knowing our team is back.

Pretty special this game is. I will be driving down the road. And out of nowhere, I will just scream and yell "f**k yeah, we're going to whip that ass!" I don't know where it comes from
January of 2002.
I honestly can't remember. I was a kid when the 49ers began their rapid ascension in 1981, so it wasn't until 2002/2003 until I discovered the stench of a s**tty, directionless NFL franchise. For the next 8 years, I had hopes dashed and became a very disallusioned 49ers fan (although always faithful.) So, part of why I don't think that I have ever been this excited is that this game is as much about the resurrection story of a franchise, individual players, a fan base, even a region. Not to derail the topic, but what is it like being in the Bay Area right now? I imagine that there is a massive buzz around tomorrow's game?
Yeah i've been pacing watching all the NFL stuff i can, even though some of it is hot garbage. I will start chanting weird 9er songs im making up in my head, and my Girls like wooaahh this MF is crazy.

I'd have to say i haven't been this excited since the comeback started against the NYG with Garcia at the helm.(I wasn't too excited about going to Tampa, i didn't think we had much of a chance to beat them)
The Giants game this year
January 1st, 2012 against the Rams. The game that ended our "Back to Relevance" season. Now it's time to get back to championshipness.
2002-03 NFC Divisional Round at Tampa Bay

This is the most.

The last time I remember being this excited is when Steve Young threw that needle to Owens to beat the Packers. Growing up in the 90's, the Packers were easily the most hated team for me.
49ers fans, young and new finally get to see Candlestick the way it's meant to be seen!
to be honest, probably since last season @ SAN Diego, just because i went to the game, Thursday night football, playoff implications and we got smoked :/
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
The Giants game this year

This was probably the biggest regular season for me, no doubt.

But this level of anticipation EVER? Damn, I've been watching since '88 or so, and even the '94 NFCC game as big as THAT WAS....

I don't think it's like this. This is our taste of '81, for those of us who weren't around back then.

'02 was great too, but I don't think many on here were confident about running the table that season.

Will admit that that was probably the last "great" 49er game I've seen. Freaking EPIC.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM ]
Only thing missing is Joe Starkey announcing the game. That'd bring back some memories.
Share 49ersWebzone