LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 391 users in the forums

Congrats To These Idiots

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Sugatis:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Jamie Dukes new mantra: NO turned the ball over, NYG lucky to beat GB and 9ers even luckier to play at home for unfair advantage. Smith luckiest of all to be hidden behind the D and ST even though he had an OK day against NO, but had great field position because of the D and STs. Did he mention how good Gore is? And VD makes Smith's short throws long gains...and...(this is entirely made up and any likeness to Dukes actual words is purely accidental and coincidental).

He will never give Smith credit...but if he does it will be under duress...like being threatened with his job if he doesn't stop being such a major idiot!

Edit: unless GB pulls out a win, in which case he will pick the Packers to manhandle the 49ers.

Sounds Just like him last night. GB is is dead - we get a Manning OH IT'S on like Donkey Kong. Just wait until Alex beats a the NY Manning - Jamie Dukes is going to explode. Who is rooting against Alex more - Jamie Dukes - Mike Nolan - Mike Singletary - Or Shaj - Question of the year right there.

He even said that he will not buy into alex smith until he wins the superbowl.

His arguemnt was: no matter win or lose, QBs like Brees will always produce. He kept repeating it and repeating it. And I kept screaming at the TV, "YOU IDIOT, IT'S ABOUT WINNING AND LOSING, NOT STATS." And to top it off, the other two commentators were looking at him like he was an idiot.

I'm pretty sure they talked to him off air to the likes of, "Get over it idiot, change your view and give respect where it's due."
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Jan 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8260d9bf/article/who-is-now-the-favorite-to-win-super-bowl-xlvi?module=HP11_hot_topics
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8260d9bf/article/who-is-now-the-favorite-to-win-super-bowl-xlvi?module=HP11_hot_topics

Same old, same old.

Double Post
[ Edited by canadian49erfan on Jan 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM ]
It's a QB-driven league, and of the final four teams left, only one has Tom Brady guiding them ... the New England Patriots. So, the answer is obvious, correct? But, the New York Giants have Eli Manning, who has been sensational in the playoffs (and has won a Super Bowl against NE before). His receivers have ascended (Hakeem Nicks!), and the Giants pass rush and D have come alive. Alex Smith and the 49ers will have plenty to say this weekend, but I'm making the Giants the new favorite.

Its amazing that these douchebags don't see the irony here. "It's a QB driven league".....which is why 2 of the top 3 quarterbacks are sitting at home watching the playoffs now.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It's a QB-driven league, and of the final four teams left, only one has Tom Brady guiding them ... the New England Patriots. So, the answer is obvious, correct? But, the New York Giants have Eli Manning, who has been sensational in the playoffs (and has won a Super Bowl against NE before). His receivers have ascended (Hakeem Nicks!), and the Giants pass rush and D have come alive. Alex Smith and the 49ers will have plenty to say this weekend, but I'm making the Giants the new favorite.

Its amazing that these douchebags don't see the irony here. "It's a QB driven league".....which is why 2 of the top 3 quarterbacks are sitting at home watching the playoffs now.

Exactly. What are they all going to say when the Ravens and Niners make it to the show?
Originally posted by Shaj:
The fact remains that, whatever the root cause, Smith sucked for 6 years, and he touches the ball on every offensive play. Because the best predictor of future performance is past performance, this is highly relevent information. Additionally, because we had a new coach and staff, along with a short offseason, I think these were very reasonable prognostications. Anything higher than this and they'd get ridiculed by anyone with an unbiased perspective.

Shaj - Your a completely devoid of any intellectual Honestly - Your not man enough to admit you were wrong - there is a HUGE body of evidence of a season of work from Alex Smith - Predicting a sub 500 record was just total crap - believing the same crap you did - Coaching matters your have spent literally years denying how bad the coaching was on the Offensive side of the ball - the only quailty coaching Smith has had was Norv for one season the rest has can't even cut it on a Division 1 level.

Your either related to Mike Nolan and Simpletary which might excuse your lack of honesty - but somehow I doubt it more likely someone who has never played a sport in his life and instead of being able to step back and use statistics as a tool or a piece of the big picture - You use it as the part of the equation that over rides everything.

Bottom Line Your clueless - and well it is against the rules for me to finish my thoughts on what you are.

One thing for sure is your no fan - You should go where you belong - With the Patriot / Red Sox nation - they always welcome in classless "Fans" full of excuses who like to run their mouth but lackl the character to admit when they are wrong.

very low class response, you should get warned, and I hope you do.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
very low class response, you should get warned, and I hope you do.

Shaj.....you seriously need to take a look in the mirror. You've been baiting everyone with this 'he's sucked for 6 years' crap with no intention of admitting that it's possible he doesn't suck anymore. It's almost as if you stopped watching 49er games last season.

I honestly think the only reason you come into ninertalk is to stir s**t up about everything concerning Alex Smith with ridiculous business models and whatnot, so maybe it's you who deserves a warning.

It's time to let the past be the past, it's your credibility no one else's.

What credibility?
  • BMHo
  • Veteran
Uh... Who the hell are these guys?!
The fact remains that, whatever the root cause, Smith sucked for 6 years, and he touches the ball on every offensive play. Because the best predictor of future performance is past performance, this is highly relevent information. Additionally, because we had a new coach and staff, along with a short offseason, I think these were very reasonable prognostications. Anything higher than this and they'd get ridiculed by anyone with an unbiased perspective.

Shaj - Your a completely devoid of any intellectual Honestly - Your not man enough to admit you were wrong - there is a HUGE body of evidence of a season of work from Alex Smith - Predicting a sub 500 record was just total crap - believing the same crap you did - Coaching matters your have spent literally years denying how bad the coaching was on the Offensive side of the ball - the only quailty coaching Smith has had was Norv for one season the rest has can't even cut it on a Division 1 level.

Your either related to Mike Nolan and Simpletary which might excuse your lack of honesty - but somehow I doubt it more likely someone who has never played a sport in his life and instead of being able to step back and use statistics as a tool or a piece of the big picture - You use it as the part of the equation that over rides everything.

Bottom Line Your clueless - and well it is against the rules for me to finish my thoughts on what you are.

One thing for sure is your no fan - You should go where you belong - With the Patriot / Red Sox nation - they always welcome in classless "Fans" full of excuses who like to run their mouth but lackl the character to admit when they are wrong.

Shaj is welcome to his opinions and had plenty of evidence from which to form them. A partial season, in which we have seen period of the same ol Alex, does not erase 6 years of struggles.

I wanted Alex off this team prior to the season. I STILL have troubles trusting Alex. I thought the game was over this past weekend when the Saints scored that last TD, cause I didn't think Alex had the comeback in him.

NFL history has shown us that good QB's with bad coaching still show their promise more often then not, Alex's moments have been few and far in between.

Give those of us who guard their emotions and reserve their trust a little more than others time and drop the disrespectful attitude. People don't accumulate the post count, or debate with the passion Shaj diodes, for years, if they aren't a fan.

And by the way the "you're no fan" indictment to an established member of a fan site is by far one of the lamest attacks one can make. Avoid it going forward....

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:

Shaj is welcome to his opinions and had plenty of evidence from which to form them. A partial season, in which we have seen period of the same ol Alex, does not erase 6 years of struggles.

I wanted Alex off this team prior to the season. I STILL have troubles trusting Alex. I thought the game was over this past weekend when the Saints scored that last TD, cause I didn't think Alex had the comeback in him.

NFL history has shown us that good QB's with bad coaching still show their promise more often then not, Alex's moments have been few and far in between.

Give those of us who guard their emotions and reserve their trust a little more than others time and drop the disrespectful attitude. People don't accumulate the post count, or debate with the passion Shaj diodes, for years, if they aren't a fan.

And by the way the "you're no fan" indictment to an established member of a fan site is by far one of the lamest attacks one can make. Avoid it going forward....

But Shaj argues his case by comparing Alex Smith to some failure in the corporate world... Thats not how football works, the FACT is that Alex Smith has shown flashes of this since 2009 but it took a QB guru coach to refine Alex and build him up. The evidence is everywhere but so many of you have been so disappointed from his rookie/2007 year that you've failed to see Alex's talent until now.

I'm a HUGE stat guy, I love em... just as you guys can easily use stats to diminish Alex, I and many others can use it to build him up. The difference is tape, watch the games and you will see a different QB... Year 1 he was a deer in headlights, Year 2 his mechanics improved and the game slowed down... Year 3 and 4 was marred by injuries and s**tty coaching which set him back, still lacked confidence. But by year 5 he was out to prove he was capable of leading this team starting out against the Houston Texans... He had confidence but crappy play calling and poor coaching held him back. It wasnt till year 7 when it all came together under Harbaugh...

I've said it for a year now that I believe Alex is good enough to win a championship.
[ Edited by modninerfan on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM ]

lol. give me a break.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by WINiner:

But Shaj argues his case by comparing Alex Smith to some failure in the corporate world... Thats not how football works, the FACT is that Alex Smith has shown flashes of this since 2009 but it took a QB guru coach to refine Alex and build him up. The evidence is everywhere but so many of you have been so disappointed from his rookie/2007 year that you've failed to see Alex's talent until now.

I'm a HUGE stat guy, I love em... just as you guys can easily use stats to diminish Alex, I and many others can use it to build him up. The difference is tape, watch the games and you will see a different QB... Year 1 he was a deer in headlights, Year 2 his mechanics improved and the game slowed down... Year 3 and 4 was marred by injuries and s**tty coaching which set him back, still lacked confidence. But by year 5 he was out to prove he was capable of leading this team starting out against the Houston Texans... He had confidence but crappy play calling and poor coaching held him back. It wasnt till year 7 when it all came together under Harbaugh...

I've said it for a year now that I believe Alex is good enough to win a championship.

The best thing I would relate Alex's situation to is this. If you go out and buy a Lamborghini it should be fast and drive well right. Well what happens if you put the wrong tires on it, then put the lower grade gas in it, then put the cheap oil in the engine. Do you blame the car when it doesn't work right. Harbaugh has taken Smith apart and put him back together the way he should have been all along. The niners were given the script on how to make Alex successful the day he was drafted and waited 7 years to put it into place.
La Confora isn't even man enough to mention the niners in his "analysis". How many times do these D-bags mention the giants beating an obviously flat packers team and not once give the niners credit for knocking Brees and the "hottest" team in the nfl out of the playoffs. Oh well, guess its time for the niners to once again win again the "hottest" team in the nfl.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
La Confora isn't even man enough to mention the niners in his "analysis". How many times do these D-bags mention the giants beating an obviously flat packers team and not once give the niners credit for knocking Brees and the "hottest" team in the nfl out of the playoffs. Oh well, guess its time for the niners to once again win again the "hottest" team in the nfl.

Both Niners and Ravens are being ignored... although I'd rather face the Pats in the Superbowl, I hope both teams win so we can shut em all up.

the media wants a Giants-Pats superbowl so much its f**kin annoying.
Share 49ersWebzone