There are 156 users in the forums

"My life was kind of a car wreck"...David Akers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I hope he nails a game winner for us in the playoffs

he's going to make like 7 field goals against the Saints

And then after we beat the Saints, the Giants will upset the Packers, enabling us to host the NFC championship game where we win 15-13 on a last second David Akers FG

no no no...we will lose the nfc champioship game against the giants due to a fluke frank gore fumble
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Rick Reilly can write like a mofugga
lol, 21-16, and his missed FGs hurt them, maybe if your offense could score better you would of won, and not have to blame it all on a kicker, btw Akers is freaking awesome. I never thought we would have another good K when we would be without Nedney.

Then he retires, and bam Akers is signed.
got damn no wonder he missed those easy field goals in akers' eyes. i was shocked he wouldve even played in that game
And despite being thrown out without any love, he still puts up that I-95 billboard thanking the city for his years there.

Unbelievable class.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
lol, 21-16, and his missed FGs hurt them, maybe if your offense could score better you would of won, and not have to blame it all on a kicker, btw Akers is freaking awesome. I never thought we would have another good K when we would be without Nedney.

Then he retires, and bam Akers is signed.

Pretty sure Nedney was cut. But who am I to question the roster guru
"I love the Harbaugh family."
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

And then after we beat the Saints, the Giants will upset the Packers, enabling us to host the NFC championship game where we win 15-13 on a last second David Akers FG

no no no...we will lose the nfc champioship game against the giants due to a fluke frank gore fumble

That was an awesome read! Stay a Niner as long as you want, Akers!
Wow, what an awesome, inspiring story!

And I must say a big f**k you to everything that is Philadelphia, once again, after running Akers out of town because he was distraught the day after finding out his 6 year daughter had CANCER. What an awful town full of garbage. Thanks for giving us Akers though, definitely helped. Enjoy the playoffs you city of s**t.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

holy s**t that was an epic story
Good read!
This story makes the Eagles look really bad. They had to know something about what Akers was going through. He plays through the hardest time of his life, isnt on his game for obvious reasons, and after 12 years of being an elite kicker for the team (even a pro bowler THAT season), they replace him, and Reid calls him out.

What a scumbag organization. regardless of whether they knew his situation, you dont throw your longtime kicker under the bus like that for one bad game. the fans especially. Im glad they still havent won a Super Bowl.
Damn, Reid is a dick
Share 49ersWebzone