There are 160 users in the forums

Remember Dan Marino...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Oh, the high powered Saints' Offense.
How in the world are we going to stop the "unstoppable?"
Drew Brees, the NFLs single season passing yardage record holder, he is playing on an unworldly level.

I say, Remember the last time the passing record for yards in a season was broken?

Oh, yeah. 1984. Broken by the great Dan Marino.
How in the world could anyone stop DAN MARINO!?

The planets have aligned my friends.
This is destiny. This is fate.

The last time the records were broken the 49ers beat the opposing quarterback enroute to a Super Bowl.
It will happen again.

• BobS
  • Veteran
In 1984 we were ranked 2nd in points scored and yards so we only needed to slow Marino down a little to win, we are 11th in points and 26th in yards this year.
Oh ya, that guy we beat in the Super Bowl that year, right?

Originally posted by BobS:
In 1984 we were ranked 2nd in points scored and yards so we only needed to slow Marino down a little to win, we are 11th in points and 26th in yards this year.

Do you remember that team or just digging up 28 year old stats? Damn, I hate it when guys bring out these 'stats', I don't think you saw our defense in 1984; was was one of the best in the NFL (and heralded by many as the best defense in niner history).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
remember Joe Montana
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by BobS:

Do you remember that team or just digging up 28 year old stats? Damn, I hate it when guys bring out these 'stats', I don't think you saw our defense in 1984; was was one of the best in the NFL (and heralded by many as the best defense in niner history).

Yup. So we win by 7 instead of 40 because our offense is 11th in ppg and not 2nd.

Marino set the yards passing record during a 14 game schedule if memory serves me correctly. Brees in 15 games. Still very impressive.
I'm feeling the same vibe as well, regardless of who our QB is. Marino still passed for over 300 yards but we held them to 16 points. Sound familiar?

The differnce is we had the best QB of all time.

Right now we have the best game manager of all 2011.
good knowledge
That was damn near a home game for us and weren't we favored by 3.5?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The differnce is we had the best QB of all time.

Right now we have the best game manager of all 2011.

Meh, it could be argued that Montana was a game manager also...in the regular season. He unleashed the fury in the playoffs...or Walsh unleashed the plays.

Let's hope Alex does the same.
Originally posted by susweel:
remember Joe Montana

remember cody pickett
Share 49ersWebzone