There are 160 users in the forums

Press Coverage Key Against Teams Like Saints and Packers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i think the real key is to force him to dink and dunk. let him get frustrated throwing those short passes, and make tackles to keep them from getting 1st downs and sustaining drives. eventually force him try to throw those deep passes into tight windows. those stunts will also be key in not allowing him to step up into the pocket. if he cant step into those throws, they will be off timed and our secondary can make the plays of break them up.
Originally posted by Sinsation:
i think the real key is to force him to dink and dunk. let him get frustrated throwing those short passes, and make tackles to keep them from getting 1st downs and sustaining drives. eventually force him try to throw those deep passes into tight windows. those stunts will also be key in not allowing him to step up into the pocket. if he cant step into those throws, they will be off timed and our secondary can make the plays of break them up.

This equals a W! baby
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Just played a game on Madden......beat the Saints 27-9. Ran the ball to set-up the pass. Gore had 184 yards and 2 TD and Davis had 92 yards and a TD. Alex had 192 yards and 3 TD's but 2 INT's.

The way I limited the Saints to only FG's was played alot of cover 2 zone, kept everyone in front and tackled quickly. I was able to rush 4 and J Smith sacked him once but Brees was under pressure most of the game. He did get his yardage here and there but overall Niner defense kept the recievers in front of them to tackle for no gain.They got into the redzone a couple times but the zone coverage stopped them.

I really hope our defense can do that this Saturday!!
Originally posted by Baldie:
Just played a game on Madden......beat the Saints 27-9. Ran the ball to set-up the pass. Gore had 184 yards and 2 TD and Davis had 92 yards and a TD. Alex had 192 yards and 3 TD's but 2 INT's.

The way I limited the Saints to only FG's was played alot of cover 2 zone, kept everyone in front and tackled quickly. I was able to rush 4 and J Smith sacked him once but Brees was under pressure most of the game. He did get his yardage here and there but overall Niner defense kept the recievers in front of them to tackle for no gain.They got into the redzone a couple times but the zone coverage stopped them.

alex will not throw 2 int and will throw more than 194 yards

also i doubt saints go without a TD
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

Lol.. don't know how well Madden strategies translate into real games. I think good teams are really good at finding pockets in the zone. Good QB's are precise these days and they seem like they can keep in rhythm exploiting pockets in zone coverage. The bump-and-run produces variability. That is what can throw the QB off... Try Cover 2 Man / Man Under 2 Deep.
absolutely. Its all about disrupting their timing.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by Sinsation:

This equals a W! baby

What equals a W, is catching the damn ball and running for first downs
Share 49ersWebzone