There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Over/Under thread

  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,756
Over/Under


A well rested, hungry and healthy Frank Gore runs for over/under 150 yards on Saturday versus the Saints?

I say over, Frank has had the rest, the team is hungry, Frank in hungry and we play at home against a defense that will allow rushing yards. I will also say that Frank Gore adds a TD or two on top of the yards.

Drew Brees is playing the best football at his position in the NFL, will he come to San Francisco, outside against one of the best defenses in the NFL and throw for over/under 350 yards?

I say under, I say Drew will throw for close to but not over 350 yards. I am hopeful we get some early hits on him and rattle him, causing him to be slowed down. Also, if our running game can have a big day we can control the clock and keep the Harry Potter on the sideline.

Will Alex Smith throw over/under 300 yards this Saturday versus the Saints?

I am going with under, I don't think he will have to. I am seeing about 250 yards a TD or two and hopefully no turnovers. If we get a 2012 basic Alex Smith day from our passing game, we can win and control the clock.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,324
I will take the under on all 3. Gore 125, Brees 300, Alex Smith 225.
My guesses for those situations, with some added predictions:

Under: 130 yards rushing, 2 TDs

Over: 380 yards, 2 TD's, 3 sacks, one fumble lost, 2 INTS

Under: 215 yards, 1 TD, 3 sacks, no turnovers.
under on all 3

gore 125 but hunter will have around 40-60

brees 335

alex 210

but the niners win
Originally posted by Chief:
Over/Under


A well rested, hungry and healthy Frank Gore runs for over/under 150 yards on Saturday versus the Saints?

I say over, Frank has had the rest, the team is hungry, Frank in hungry and we play at home against a defense that will allow rushing yards. I will also say that Frank Gore adds a TD or two on top of the yards.

Drew Brees is playing the best football at his position in the NFL, will he come to San Francisco, outside against one of the best defenses in the NFL and throw for over/under 350 yards?

I say under, I say Drew will throw for close to but not over 350 yards. I am hopeful we get some early hits on him and rattle him, causing him to be slowed down. Also, if our running game can have a big day we can control the clock and keep the Harry Potter on the sideline.

Will Alex Smith throw over/under 300 yards this Saturday versus the Saints?

I am going with under, I don't think he will have to. I am seeing about 250 yards a TD or two and hopefully no turnovers. If we get a 2012 basic Alex Smith day from our passing game, we can win and control the clock.
I'm going way under, under and under.
Under... Gore gets 75 and TD as well as Hunter

Under.... Brees goes for 250 2TD, 2INTs

Well Under... A. Smith goes for 200 2TDs, 0INTs, 0 sacks

Final Score.... 31-28 NINERS!
Under, Gore goes for a buck-10 with 2TDS

Over, similar to the game vs. the Eagles when Vick put up monster numbers, yet the 9ers won

Under, throws for his usual 225-ish
Under, I am guessing around 80-90. 1 t.d.
Under, I think we are capable of getting a turn over or two taking away yardage
Over, cause I'm a homer, and I see the Saints scoring points. We will have to score t.d's and those may have to come through the air. But who knows?
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jan 9, 2012 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Under, I am guessing around 80-90. 1 t.d.
Under, I think we are capable of getting a turn over or two taking away yardage
Over, cause I'm a homer

i like your style
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,756
Aldon Smith gets over/under 2 sacks on Saturday versus the Saints?

The 49ers defense gets over/under 2 turnovers?
Originally posted by Chief:
Aldon Smith gets over/under 2 sacks on Saturday versus the Saints?

The 49ers defense gets over/under 2 turnovers?

Under. He'll get pressures, but it is going to be hard to get many sacks on Brees. I think he'll get 1 or 1.5, and they'll be huge moments.

Over. 2 INT's and 1 fumble. Maybe 2 fumbles. Maybe 3! but probably 4!!!!!!!!
Under - Gore will be North of 100 yards, and over 150 all purpose yards, 1 rushing TD and one receiving TD

Under - Time of possession is going to favor the Niners, therefore he won't have the ball enough to throw for over 350 yards, he will get his, but not that many 3 TD's, 1 Int

Under - Smith will throw for about 225, but that will be enough, because it's going to add up to 3 TD's, 1 Int

3 passing TD's
1 Rushing TD
1 TD scored by the D, pick 6

Niners win.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,756
Originally posted by Chief:
Over/Under


A well rested, hungry and healthy Frank Gore runs for over/under 150 yards on Saturday versus the Saints?

I say over, Frank has had the rest, the team is hungry, Frank in hungry and we play at home against a defense that will allow rushing yards. I will also say that Frank Gore adds a TD or two on top of the yards.

Drew Brees is playing the best football at his position in the NFL, will he come to San Francisco, outside against one of the best defenses in the NFL and throw for over/under 350 yards?

I say under, I say Drew will throw for close to but not over 350 yards. I am hopeful we get some early hits on him and rattle him, causing him to be slowed down. Also, if our running game can have a big day we can control the clock and keep the Harry Potter on the sideline.

Will Alex Smith throw over/under 300 yards this Saturday versus the Saints?

I am going with under, I don't think he will have to. I am seeing about 250 yards a TD or two and hopefully no turnovers. If we get a 2012 basic Alex Smith day from our passing game, we can win and control the clock.


Originally posted by Chief:
Aldon Smith gets over/under 2 sacks on Saturday versus the Saints?

The 49ers defense gets over/under 2 turnovers?

Hey, I was wrong on pretty much everything, only thing I got right was under on 300 yards for Alex, he got 299... and the W

Brees had 462 yards, but no running game and a ball hungry defense made up for it.
Frank had under 100 yards rushing but he played a great game with some nice blocks on blitz pickups and a couple key catches for good gains.
Alex, what can I say? I am buying his jersey.
Aldon Smith, him a Patrick Willis are on this defense for a few years at least... Love it, dude is a beast. 1 sack, a couple of hits and a ton of pressure on Drew.
[ Edited by Chief on Jan 15, 2012 at 4:00 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home