LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Just For Fun. When did

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When did the NFL stop using a gun to signal the end to a game?

I know it is not Niner related but I was just reminiscing and thinking about the days of going to Kezar Stadium to see John Brodie to Dave Parks and and the thought occurred to me about ending a game with the sound of a gun.

I thought I would post it, also to see if you have other random thoughts about the "Old Days"..

GO NINERS!!!
[ Edited by CheapThrill on Jan 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM ]
I wanna bone Selena Gomez
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
this is my first post
Simple google search says in the early 80's.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Simple google search says in the early 80's.

Hahaha, Nice Stoney! End of discussion and thread.
Are you guys all idiots?? Can't you have a little fun or are you all small minded idiots who sit in the corner masturbating to the Niners...
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
Are you guys all idiots?? Can't you have a little fun or are you all small minded idiots who sit in the corner masturbating to the Niners...

I masturbate to Coach Harbaugh
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp

idiot is what idiot does

Sorry Cheap! I dont go that far back! I wish i did though. Guess i should just go to my corner and masturbate to the 49ers since im an ..

Damn!!! Nice man.... you told these guys off. Passive aggressiveness is awesome. Everyone is embarrassed now.

boobs.
FYI, the date was September 4, 1982.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by sacniner:

FAP FAP FAP FAP
Originally posted by sacniner:

Wow, i didnt become a diehard 49er fan till "83 "84 season. My first love was basketball, but my mom and dad turned me on to the 49ers way back when.
So wait you say Sept 4 1982 was the last time they used to fire a gun off to signal end of game??? What happened to the rest of the season?
Its not necessarily the date but the end of an NFL tradition. WE (those who are long time fans, 40+ years) do remember this and bring it up helps the younger fans learn about these lost traditions.

Say what you will...
Share 49ersWebzone