LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

When did you start believing in this years team.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Sjceruti.
After the Bucs game even though the turned out to be s**tty.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Eagles- made me a believer in the coaching staff
Lions- 4th & Goal game on the line. Alex FTW! Made me a believer in him
Giants- Made me a believer in the whole team
Pittsburgh- Made me believe we're a contender

That pretty much nailed it on the head for me as well. From top the bottom.

Yes
I started to believe in this team the day they hired Harbaugh, then as the season progressed, well, the post above sums it up pretty well.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
After those East Coast trips.
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
$ me it was vs 5-0 Detroit on the road!!!

That win was the deal sealer for me.

Same here!

Winning the Eagles game on the road was it for me. When they beat the Lions it really gave me the feeling that the 9ers could compete and win every game they played. The coaches and players are respected and a team no one wants to play.

9ers are no longer a joke, Theyr'e back!!!
After we came back to beat the Eagles, on the road, something we hadn't done as long as I can remember, I knew then that something was different about this year...
When they beat the Eagles because at that time I thought the Eagles were a good team.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
When Harbaugh got hired.

i had faith but i dint think they would be THIS good! i remember before the dallas game i thought we were going to get smoked. after i said damn we should have won that game, after beating the lions and bucs i knew it was going to be a good year... i saw in one thread about us being contenders one guy wrote "ill believe it if we are 5-1 at the bye"....well we were. for me it was every week i grew more confidence just like the team did. in Harbaugh we trust
Originally posted by Beetlebom:
When they beat the Eagles because at that time I thought the Eagles were a good team.

so did everyone else lol....oops, we are the dream team
  • Jiks
I predicted us to go 9-7 and have a fight for the division. We were 7-9 last year with Singletary and I always thought this team had plenty of talent, just not a coaching staff that had enough ineptness to utilize it. Not a knock on Singletary but he just was in over his head I believe.

But I think the real believing probably happened the Lions game. Beating a 5(6?)-0 team, I started actually believing we were finally play-off bound.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
When Harbaugh got hired.

Yup, but I started talking that isht after the Eagles game
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I think it was the Lions game. They were red hot at the time and we beat them on the road.
This season still feels unbelievable...
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Yes

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Eagles- made me a believer in the coaching staff
Lions- 4th & Goal game on the line. Alex FTW! Made me a believer in him
Giants- Made me a believer in the whole team
Pittsburgh- Made me believe we're a contender

That pretty much nailed it on the head for me as well. From top the bottom.

Yes

I couldn't have said it better. The only thing I will add is that the Ravens game, and the team's approach thereafter, made me a believer that they will approach every game hungry. Nobody complained about officiating. They just spoke frankly about missed opportunities and adjustments. Harbaugh makes them a joy to follow.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Lions game I just knew at that point we could compete at any level home or away
Share 49ersWebzone