LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 323 users in the forums

Which injured player will be most vital to offensive success in the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which injured player will be most vital to offensive success in the playoffs?

We really need all three back at full strength for the playoffs, and each bring different problems for the opposing defense. Ginn is a problem in the return game and a big play threat. Williams is a great zone-busting pass catcher, with great speed and hands. Walker is a great redzone target that can line up all over the field, creating mismatches.

Who's gonna show up the largest in the playoffs?
we need Kyle Williams to keep the safety's honest and not constantly double and triple VD and Crabs. We need to utilize his quickness and get him short slants and get first downs. We need to use the short pass to open up our run game and allow us to take shots down the field for 7 points, not run to get 3 points.

Morgans injury is really hurting us
Williams was Smith's go to WR on third downs ever since thanksgiving.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

used to be morgan - and he got injured
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

used to be morgan - and he got injured

True. I love Morgan. If Alex was the Head Coach during "Camp Alex" at San Jose State during the lock-out then Josh Morgan was the OC. Morgan put in work over the off season. But Morgan has nothing to do with this thread. Williams declared today he is healthy and will be cleared for the next team practice later this week. If "next man up" is the motto then Williams has fulfilled it this year.
The odds are on Williams. He is really becoming a good go to guy for Smith getting open as a second option. Walker is big for this team but Hopefully Ginn gets us some short fields. To me they are all key members of this team. Ginn and Williams will be back on the field. Hopefully Delanie will make it back as well.
I would say its a tie between Williams and Walker, Williams has great speed and quickness which teams have to respect but Walker is just another threat on offense that teams have to account for and his blocking in the run game I think is always over looked.
We will miss Delanie.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We will miss Delanie.

I know Delanie was versatile but I think we can get 2 guys to pick up what was expected from him. I mean he was dangerous because you have 1 guy being able to do many things. But we have shuffled personnel groups all year, I don't think we are lacking a guy on our roster to pick up his position on any given call.
Ginn. Field position.

Originally posted by English:
Ginn. Field position.

yup
Originally posted by English:
Ginn. Field position.

Perfectly said
its a toss up between Walker and Ginn. Ginn gives up amazing field position, but delanie creates mismatches on offense. his motions, blocking and receiving ability are awesome.
Ginn for field position and he has gotten better at receiver (with the occasional drop still). Williams second because he is our second best true receiver. Walker has not really been used as of late (dropsies). So, I don't know if his impact is as great...
All of the above! I voted for Walker because he makes big plays and is a match up nightmare, but Ginn and Williams are equallyl important. Ginn wasn't missed as much as I had feared in the Ram game but starting on the 30 or 40 consistently means a great deal. And I'd hate to see Crabtree as the lone team-vet WR!

Is it true that Walker has a broken jaw? That doesn't bode well for his return this year.
Share 49ersWebzone