LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This thread should be moved. The rules state that discussions regarding prospective staff are not allowed in niner talk.
Hall of Famer Jerry Rice (right), who caught a career-high 122 passes for 1,849 yards and 15 touchdowns in 1995 with Marc Trestman (left) serving as the offensive coordinator, said: "I think he's like Bill Walsh, because he's one of those guys that you want to go out and lay it on the line for. He is totally committed, and players are going to want to play for a guy like that!"
Former Oakland Raiders quarterback and NFL MVP in 2002, Rich Gannon said: "The thing I like about Marc is his aggressiveness. I feel like he's always in attack mode, and as players, we respond to that."
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Andy Reid if Philly cans him............ CHAMPIONSHIP!

If he gets fired in Philly, he goes straight to another team as their HC.
Marc Trestman all the way. The guy I think Harbaugh should have hired last year.
Trestman's conservative offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPIAXpu7eg

*Crazy collection of former 49ers on that Raiders team, DAMN!! Rice, Woodson, Kirby, Garner.....etc
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trestman's conservative offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPIAXpu7eg

*Crazy collection of former 49ers on that Raiders team, DAMN!! Rice, Woodson, Kirby, Garner.....etc

you must be his agent.
Originally posted by susweel:
you must be his agent.

No, I just think he'd be perfect for the team. He's done GREAT with quarterbacks of all types, s**t Plummer and Scott Mitchell had career years with him as QB coach/OC, Gannon threw for almost 5000 yards with him as offensive coordinator.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
you must be his agent.

No, I just think he'd be perfect for the team. He's done GREAT with quarterbacks of all types, s**t Plummer and Scott Mitchell had career years with him as QB coach/OC, Gannon threw for almost 5000 yards with him as offensive coordinator.

Im just kidding man, Im sure JH will get the right guy in place if Roman does leave. I still doubt he gets the job though.
what is Trestman doing now?

I wanted Gus Malzahn back when Nolan was coaching and looking after Norv left, we didnt get him then he went to Auburn helped Cam to the heisman an AU to the national championship. Sux they dont watch this board for insight.... lol

Now Gus Malzahn was just offered the HC position at Arkansas State. To late
Bill Callahan intrigues me, he was brought up last year when the speculation of who was coming and who was staying (at stanford)
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
what is Trestman doing now?

Coaching the allouettes to grey Cups
you must be his agent.

Wonder why he's stayed out of the league for seven years?
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Coaching the allouettes to grey Cups

Yeah, he wanted a head coaching position, nobody offered him one in the NFL so he said screw you guys and went to Canada instead.
Share 49ersWebzone